PROLOGUE

"Expelliarmus!" Harry screamed.

That was the end of it. The end of a war. The end of a disapproving, discriminatory world. At least that was the idea. With Voldemort dead we might have been able to make a beautiful world that we could all live in. Despite of blood purity, who you loved, lack of love- we could all live.

It had been a year and seven months since the Battle of Hogwarts. Harry James Potter still hasn't recovered fully. Every few months he would still wake up in a sweat, yelling. Screaming. Too many people died for him. For him directly. When the night terrors had stopped for a while, he moved out of the Borrow. About three years previous, his godfather had died and Harry inherited Grimmauld Place. Another person that had died for him. Occasionally Ginny would come over for a night and the two would listen Quidditch broadcasts. Some nights Ron would drag him out of the house for a few nights.

One of the nights that Ginny had come over, Harry had barely gotten any sleep. That was evident. It was mid July, 1998. They ended up not paying any attention to Bulgaria and Turkey play Quidditch. The two just talked. That night was the night Harry Potter, the oblivious bloke he is, found that his exgirlfriend/best friend, Ginevra Weasley was transgender. It made perfect sense once he found out. Ginny was the only girl in a family of six other boys.

"I don't know, Gin. I don't think I belong. Even throughout Hogwarts everyone was attractive. You, Cho Chang, Romilda Vane, Cedric Diggory-"

"Wait what?" Ginny retorted. He liked Cedric?!

"I, Harry James Potter, likes a guy. Y'know Ginevra, I expected more from you. Not being all judgy and sh-" he had been cut off again.

"Harry. I just thought you would have better taste than pretty boy Diggory. Anyways, why would I judge? I'm not exactly- I wasn't- well uh, I- I wasn't born a girl, Harry." Ginny stuttered.

Harry had just blinked. "You're a girl though, right?"

"Yes. 100%. Did you not find it weird that there was one girl in a family of all boys? God you're oblivious." she laughed. "You didn't notice that Dean and Seamus were daring. When they slept in the same bed half of the time-"

"How did you know that?" Harry asked.

"Ron told me. Seriously, you really aren't that sharp are you Harry?" Ginny looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

Harry had scoffed.

"Y'know, this is why you aren't in Ravenclaw."

Everything in that moment was good. Healthy. Harry and Ginny may have decided to just be friends. But it was better that way.