∞34∞

[34]

Passion Till Death

"He's here!" rinig kong anunsyo ng isang staff.

Walking in large steps, mabilis kong tinungo ang tamang destinasyon.

"Am I late?" I asked the staff that announced my coming.

She smiled, "No, you're just in time actually. Yun nga lang ay wala ng oras para ayusan ka."

I exhaled in relief. Mabuti kung ganoon.

"Okay lang po. What's important is that I still have the chance to win this." ani ko habang iginagaya niya ako sa likod ng stage.

"Bilib talaga ako sa'yong bata ka. You seem just like your late grandmother, Leanne Constantine. You've inherited her beauty and determination. I hope you win this thing, hijo." sambit pa ng staff na nagpalakas ng loob ko, "Good luck!"

"Kaius!" the stage director approached me, "Mabuti't umabot ka. The fans were asking kung nasaan ka na raw. They had a hashtag na five hours ng tending no. 1!"

Tipid lamang akong ngumiti at kalmadong hinintay ang cue ng paglabas. Marami pang bumati sa pagbalik ko at lahat naman ay sinagot ko ng maayos.

I'm wearing a casual black shorts paired with a white V-neck and a pair of Vans. The commercial breaks are long so I have enough time to change my outfit and all but I chose to wait patiently,entertaining questions the staffs are asking. In that way, I temporarily forgot my nervousness.

Waiting for my turn was pure torture! Hindi na ako makapaghintay pa na lumabas. I just want to do my best out there and fulfill my Dad's wish. Win or lose, I'd accept my place. What's important is I get to know that my Dad is proud and happy to see me perform!

"And we are back to the studio! Ladies and gentlemen, handa na ba kayong malaman kung sino ang karapat-dapat na lalaki para sa title ng It Boy?" the host asked.

I heard murmurs and whispers buzzing around. I closed my eyes to remind myself to focus and concentrate. Though I just want to enjoy and do my best out there, I still haven't forgotten that this is a contest and I aim to win the title just like the others. It's like hitting two birds with one stone.

"Tapos na ba?"

"Nasaan si Kaius!"

"Oo nga! Hindi ba kasali rin siya sa Finals?"

"We want Kaius! We want Kaius! We want Kaius!"

The audiences' cheers boosted my confidence. To think that they could still remember me warms my heart. It feels like I made a mark on their hearts and though I've been gone, I stayed in their minds and hearts. And that is just the best feeling for a true singer.

The host chuckled, "Opps...huwag kayong mag-alala dahil for our next performer, please present yourself, the Hottie in Your Area, Mr. Kaius... Constantine!"

Umugong ang sigawan at tilian ng madla. I smiled sweetly to them even when they can't see it since the lights had gone off, just like what I planned.

Pumunta ako sa gitna ng stage. Dala ko ang gitarang regalo sa'kin ni Eura noon. I keep it in Mom's car for emergency purpose and it turns out to be handy for the day.

I strummed the intro chords. Ngumiti ako dahil alam kong alam na nila ang kanta. I got some sad and hurting reactions from the audience.