Chapter 4

HI.

Liking this fanfic so far?

Comment! I don't care about votes for some reason,

But I love reading comments!

And I found that out because..

I got a comment.

WHOOP WHOOP

ok party's over

*silently weeps

...

A week has passed and Marcel and I have become good friends. He's the only person who's actually tried to understand me. And I'm grateful for that. Without him, I'd probably go insane.

Plus, I've been clean from cutting since.

But, he really needs to pull it together in public. He goes all shy and forgets how to interact with people. I feel really bad for him when people make fun of him, because I don't know what I can do to stop it. He always says, "It's fine," but I know it's not.

I was sitting alone at lunch picking at the sandwich my mom packed me. Even the thought of eating made me nauseous.

I'll pass.

I pull my sketchbook from my backpack and start drawing. What I draw, I just don't know. To me, art is not a picture on a page. It is the emotion that you wish to express, the feelings you possess, it is a way of life, and wow, that was deep. I usually just make pencil designs that take up the whole page. Occasionally, I'd draw scenery, like the view of the sunset at the park.

The park has this group of trees and bushes all bunched up together, and there's a little opening where if you try to find it, you can climb inside. It's like a small enclosure the size of a single bed. I go there when I'm bored. It helps me think.

"Hey Kris!" I hear Marcel speak, snapping me back to reality. He sits next to me. "Aren't you going to eat something?" I have to think of something. But I can't just keep lying like this all the time!

' I already ate.' I signed with my hands. He gives me a look of confusion. "How? Lunch just started barely 5 minutes ago?" I shrugged my shoulders.

Changing the subject, he says," Do you want to hang out at my place today? Mother said she would love to meet my first friend-" he covered his mouth. " I mean, I have friends over all the time. It would just make sense because you're my...well...friend." He smiled hopefully.

'Sure' I signed.

" Maybe you can stay for dinner! Mother cooks excellent pot roast!"

'I'll have to be home by then. Sorry.'

"It's ok. I'm just glad I can hang out with you." He smiled.

And I smiled back.

I have to admit, that day at school was not bad. For the first time, when I walked through the hallways, I wasn't afraid of anyone. I felt like I was worth something. I was... Happy.

...

'Did you move here recently?' He looked up from spinning on his chair.

"Yeah, we recently moved from London."

'Do you like America so far?'

"It's a nice place. I kinda miss back home, though."

'I wanna show you something cool.'

I pull out my thick sketchbook and open it up to one of the pages. A picture of the park with the kids playing. I hand him the sketchbook.

"This is really neat. You drew this?" I nodded, smiling.

"Can you draw me?" He asks. I think for a bit, and then get a pencil from my backpack, signaling that I mean "yes."

"But wait a second," he says. "Can you draw me as a cool kid? Like a celebrity, I mean, who wants to draw a nerd?" He chuckles, with an uncertain look on his face. I get the best idea ever.

I frantically start sketching with my pencil. After a few minutes, I've got his face down. Now, for the cool part. His hair is too neat to be famous. I draw his hair, but with some more...pizazz.

I like his cheeky smile, so I kept it. Same with those dimples. Even I drew in only a black pencil, I shaded his eyes so you could tell that they were green. I don't actually know how.

Finally, it was completed. It was kind of difficult with Marcel spinning in his chair, making it nearly impossible to get a clear look on his face, but I made it work.

I handed him the picture. "Whoa," was all he said. "We should give this 'celebrity' a name, shall we?" I thought for a bit.

His hair is curly and untamed. Hair. Harr. Harry.

I grabbed the picture and made a fake autograph of the name in the corner of the page.

Harry Styles xoxo

He laughed when he saw the name,"I think the name fits perfectly!"

I signed with my hands, 'Yes it does.'

It fits perfectly.

...

LET'S DO THE WAVE!

~~~~~~~~~~~

That was pretty epic right?

Totes ridic

Love you bye

-Zoe