Chapter 2

I want someone to talk to.

Someone I can trust.

Someone I can call

A friend.

...

I quickly got in my seat right before the late bell rang. Like every day, I sat at a lab station alone for biology. At least I had nobody to distract me while I'm working.

The classroom door opens.

The teacher looks up from his papers and says cheerfully,

"Oh hello! You must be Marcel!" The boy walks into the classroom, with an unsure look on his face.

"Yes, that's me," he spoke quietly. Boy, he seems shy.

"You can sit right next to Kristen." The teacher points to the empty seat next to me.

"Umm.. Hello Kristen?" He whispered to me in a deep voice. I looked at him. His hair is slicked back very neatly. His glasses were huge. Too big for his face even.

I opened my spiral notebook to a clean page and wrote:

'Hi. You can call me Kris, if you want.'

He gave me a confused look, so I quickly scribbled down:

'I don't speak.'

He nodded and continued working. He kind of looks like a nerd. Wearing a sweater vest and "dapper" clothing.

Every once in a while, I'd look over at him. He has weird green-blue eyes. He had this deep concentration look on his face.

He caught me looking at him and asked,

"Do you need some help on this stuff? I've finished this assignment and the next seven. It's simple stuff for me."

Wut. He like just got here in the classroom like 20 minutes ago and he's like done with the stuffs? Whatever. Just another reminder that I'll never be smart enough.

The bell rings and everyone frantically starts packing their bags to leave. Marcel and I part ways and we head to our next class.

...

It's lunch time and there's a big commotion going on. Everyone's crowded around something and it doesn't sound good.

I try to catch a glimpse of what's happening as I push past the huge crowd of students.

I finally can see the opening in the middle of the crowd.

There's the most feared kid in highschool, Richie,(Based off of Richie from The Revealers :D) holding some poor kid by the collar of his shirt.

I get pushed over by some other people. I can't see. Who's the person about to get beat up?

I can finally see.

I immediately know who it is.

Richie throws a punch at the kids jaw, and he falls to the ground. Everyone laughs as he is just lying there. They leave and I rush over to help.

I see a young man lying on the floor, bruised lip and black eye. Broken glasses of the floor next to him.

Marcel.