Chapter 9

We walk into the diner and sit in a booth. The waitress walks over to us and gives us the menus. I feel nauseous just looking at it.

I keep thinking he'll hate me when he finds out about my eating disorder. He'll call me a freak and leave. I'll have nobody.

But...

I don't have to be like this.

I can change.

He doesn't have to know.

Marcel studies the menu for a minute and says, "I'll take the fish and chips, and a Pepsi."

The waitress scribbles down the order and looks at me. "And what can I get for you sugar?"

I can change.

I can get better.

I'll get fatter.

"I'll take a Caesar salad, and an iced tea."

Light, but I'll work my way through.

The waitress walks away and I twiddle my thumbs. When I look up, I realize Marcel is staring at me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He smiled at me.

"Cause you're beautiful."

"Flattering, Augustus, but can you stop cause you're creeping me out." I laughed.

...

Our food arrives and I have to admit I'm starving and this shiz smells good. But when I pick up my fork I hesitate to actually eat. Do I really want to do this? Risk the chance of ever being pretty?

That's the thing: I don't know.

I have to at least try.

I stab a piece of lettuce with my fork and pop it in my mouth. With every chew, I get more and more nervous. I really hope it doesn't show.

I swallow and I can feel every turn the food makes inside my body, and it goes into my stomach. I literally felt myself get fatter by the second.

No! This is good! I'm working my way to a secret recovery! This way he won't have to find out!

But who says he'll want to be my friend when he sees how fat and hideous I'll become?

Nonsense!

I take a sip of my tea and ask Marcel,

"Have you ever been to Disney since you've moved here?" He nods and smiles.

"No. It's way too expensive and my mother probably wouldn't want to spend money on going to an amusement park." A sly smile crept onto my face. I pulled sunglasses out of my small bag and put them on my face.

"What if I told you that I had two passes to go to any Disney park?" Both of us laughed at my lame attempt of a cool reference. "Marcel, I'm gonna take you to Disney whether you like it or not cause there ain't any other thing in this world that's more fun than mother-fiddling Disney."

"Sure. On one condition."

"Hmm?"

"Will you go steady with me?"

...

HERRO PEEPLES

IS YOU GOOD IS YOU OK

GOOD CAUSE I WANTED TO KNOW

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTY

LOL I CANT TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK

OH WELL

*EVIL MANIAC LAUGHTER

I fixed it lol

So I've been thinking...

If I update more often, you guys won't have to be anxious and stop bugging me... sorry love you guys

But the updates are going to be short.

Like really short.

So...

Comment if this is a good idea or if you want to wait longer but have longer chapters!

Alrighty love you bye 😘