An Ode to the Earth, Sun, Moon and Stars

I walked on top of the floor that's shine had been worn away from my shoes when I was younger. The dogs that I was being paid to look after quietly soaked up the warmth from the fire that was roaring. Stepping outside, I stared at the immaculate sheet of unwalked snow. Earth was in the middle of her spring, so I could see the uprising of planted rainbow soldiers that had been put there by their queen, the sun. When the slight breeze swam through my long dark hair, the tiny soldiers waved and smiled. Engulfing my lungs with the precious perfume of the earth, I tasted the bitter cold of it's scent on my tongue, it slowly and steadily travelled through my oesophagus making sure not to trip, and landed in the pit of my lungs, where it felt raw as it touched the walls of the giant air chambers. It was at this moment that I realised that I may have just shared a last breath with a 100,000 dying strangers, and with that I said out loud, "Oh how overrated you are" and thanked the Oxygen for giving me life.

At sunset, the snow glistened as the sun bowed at my feet, I stood on the porch staring at the army of light beaming onto my glistening, red face. I am utterly shocked at the impeccable performance mother nature is putting on for me this evening, it's more flawless than flawless can describe. Microscopic snowflakes find partners and begin to dance. Fire filled the sky as she took her last breath, and dipped into an ocean of unknowing, the moon and his swarm of stars saluted her as she went, he stood tall and with pride as he looked at what his queen left for him, which was the void of gleaming flowers in my grandfather's garden.