Chapter 2

Alex's P.O.V

I was sitting there begging my dad to get up and move. He's been like this over my mother's death. But he had to wait until I was old enough to take care of myself. I step into the shower and turn my shower playlist on. The first song was 'New Rules' by dua lipa. that song is so old it was made about 15 years ago. as I step out of the shower I walk into my room and find something to wear for the dance.

 as I step out of the shower I walk into my room and find something to wear for the dance

I Like this one best its kind of cute and chic. I call Sanaa and she comes to pick me up. Once we got there the dance was pretty big and out there. Well, it is homecoming there's a chance anyone can win homecoming king and queen. There are only four nominees 'Sanaa' 'Chris' 'Jeni' and 'Lowie'. I don't really want to be here but it's almost time to announce homecoming king and queen. I'm really only here for Sanaa and Lowie (my other fellow weirdo's) since I'm not really social. "And The winners' for homecoming king and queen are 'Sanaa' and "Lowie"'" said Ms. Hlemark " let's give them a hand". After they were crowned they started walking towards me. "Congrats you two," I said with a bunch of excitement "We have to go celebrate". "How about ice cream rolls," said Sanaa. "Sounds delicious" Lowie and I said simultaneously. 

We all piled into Sanaa's car and drove straight to benny's ice cream parlor we got a large cookies and cream cup and split it three ways.

 As we sat there I started to think "Hey guys isn't kinda of weird how all I know about my mom is that she died while birthing me. I don't even know my grandparents or if she has any siblings". " Your dad is just probably afraid of telling you the truth. the truth can hurt a lot you know" Said Lowie. I nodded my head yes as we got up to go.

Once home my I saw that my dad was still at work. so I started snooping around in the basement since I was never really allowed to go down there. The light down here doesn't work so I have to bring a flahlight. I found a safe i never actually noticed before. I look and the safe and the code was easy '1- 24-17'  My birthday. It opens and inside i find pictures of my mom and someone who looks exactly like me. Just now my dad pulls up so i have to rush upstairs i will check this out again later or maybe even tomorrow this is really weird.