Chapter Twenty-Four

Quick note: I don't know if you guys picked up last chapter that this is two years later after the premiere. Just wanted to point it out if you didn't catch on.

I let out a groan at the sunlight streaming in through my window. I roll over in my bed, pulling the covers on top of me.

"Isabelle, get up." I hear my mother's voice. I hear the curtains slide, and roll back over to face her.

"Why? I already have enough credits to graduate. Who cares?" I ask.

"I do. Get up." She says. I start to say something else, but she decides to hear none of it and walks out of the room.

After several minutes, I roll out of bed and get into the shower. Even the hot water ceases to wake me up.

I move slowly and tiredly, pulling on my hoodie and jeans for the day. Normally I try to look nice, but I just really don't feel like it today.

When I walk into the kitchen, I pour a glass of orange juice and sit at the bar. Mom goes back into the living room and begins typing on her computer.

"Don't forget your notes for your calculus test tomorrow." She speaks in between sips of coffee.

"Whatever." I sarcastically reply before gathering my stuff. I catch her smile a little just out of the corner of my eye.

I throw my bag in the backseat of my car and start the engine. I take the slow, traffic-jammed drive to school. When I arrive, I see that the first bell hasn't even rung yet.

I walk through the halls to my locker and see that Sydney and Zachary are standing beside it. Zachary smiles as he talks to her, and she laughs at nearly every word he says.

Gross.

I get to my locker and open it, stuffing my bag inside. I take out my notebook and anatomy book before slamming the door shut.

Zachary eyes me out of the corner of his eye when I do this.

"No, you walk away first!" he tells Sydney with a smile.

"No, you!" she says, playfully shoving him. I know that they are just pretending when they do this, because they know how much it bugs me.

"You should stop." I tell the both of them. They laugh, and Zachary goes down the hall to his art class.

Sydney walks with me to anatomy, but goes to the room next door for economics.

During my whole anatomy class, I sit clicking my pen on my notebook. This is the most boring class ever. When the bell finally rings, I'm relieved and go to my calculus class.

I make sure that I copy down all the notes for the test tomorrow. There's no telling how much studying I will have to do tonight.

When the bell rings for this class, I ponder whether I should go home or not. I don't really have any other class today; the only important one is English.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket on my way to the locker. I pull it out and answer it, seeing that it is Kevin, the director for my upcoming film Dear Eleanor.

"Sup Kev." I say upon opening my locker.

"Yeah, yeah, we have work to do." He says into the phone.

"Well hello to you too." I reply with a smile.

"Cut it out. I need you on set by noon. We have some re-shots to film." He says.

"I have school." I tell him, honestly not wanting to go on set. We have worked so much on this movie already!

"I have a movie to direct. Noon." He says.