thirty one

Keith

I sat and watch the workers put up Christmas decorations up through out the whole facility. Usually I'm happy around this time of the year, but how can I when I'm in a place like this. Believe me this is not how I imagined spending my Christmas. I'm just upset that I won't get to spend it with my girlfriend, family, and friends. Family...my family doesn't even know I'm in here and that I have schizophrenia. I just don't like the fact that I'm hiding this from them. They need to know sooner or later. I just don't know how to tell them, especially my mom.

I rub my hands over my face grabbing my book I had set on the table. Pulling our my glasses I put them on my face and began reading. Before I could even finish the first page, I was interupt by one of the workers.

" Mr. Powers you have a visitor."

I was kind of confused because the only I know who is conning yo visit me is Micaiah and she's not coming till tommorow. He leads me into the lobby and I see Micaiah smiling with snow alk over here. This sneaky rascal. I run up to her wrapping my arms around her small body. I miss her so much. Tears of joy escape my eyes as I sway us side to side. I really do miss.  I miss everything about her. Her smile, her laugh, her cooking, the way she smells, the way she looks at me before going to sleep, etc.

" I missed you."

" I missed you too ", she thumbs my tears away.

I take her hand and bring her into the room I was previously in.

" How have you been?"

" I'm good."

" And the baby?"

" Good. Has been keeping me up all night and throwing up in the morning."

" Throwing up!?"

" Baby it's just morning sickness, were both fine. How have you been?"

" I'm alright...just wish I was at home."

" You will be soon. I'm going to visit you on Christmas."

" No Micaiah you don't have to do that, go spend it with your friends."

" Tyree I'm not letting you spend Christmas by yourself. I'll bring my friends with me, even the guys too. We can all be one big happy family. I'll even make the my cookies you love so much."

" Ok ", I smirk.

Moments like this is what I really miss. Just sitting in front of each other having a conversation. I mean I do miss the sex, but having her presence is enough for me.

" Your mom called."

" When?"

" Yesterday."

" What did you tell her?"

" That you were out running errands, Keith you need to tell her or I will."

" What's stopping you?"

" Because baby you need to face your fears and tell your mother yourself. I can't always do the talking ok."

" Ok."

She kisses my lips and rubs the back of my neck.

" I don't want you to leave."

" I know, I don't want too either."

" Promise me something?"

" What is it Tyree?"

" If I where to do something to myself, promise me that you'll move on and find our baby a new daddy."

" What! Keith why are you thinking like this!? No I am not keeping that promise because you are going to make it out here and witness our baby crawl, walk, its first word, first day of school, walking across the stage during graduation. Baby you have to stay strong for me, the baby, but most importantly you."

She plant a kiss on my temple pulling me in for a hug rubbing my back.