Chapter One

"Look out, Kagome," InuYasha warned, running towards her and scooping her up into his arms before the demon could get it's blood-coated claws to reach her. "Are you alright?"  InuYasha asked Kagome, she nodded once.

InuYasha then carried her to, Sango's loyal companion, Kirara. He got Kagome to get on the demon  fire cat.

"Sango, take Kagome to a safe place," InuYasha ordered the demon-slayer, Sango. "I'll take care of this filthy demon." Sango nodded once and got on Kirara as well.

"Why do I need to be hidden?" Kagome asked InuYasha. "The demon isn't after me."

"Because I need you to be safe," InuYasha replied, drawing out his sword, Tetsusaiga. "This demon is dangerous."

The demon started charging towards InuYasha. InuYasha's eyes narrowed. "Sango, get Kagome out of here now," he demanded before charging towards the demon too.

"Let's get out of here, Kirara," Sango told the fire cat, and they were on the air.

Now, that I know Kagome's safe, I can focus on defeating this demon. InuYasha thought as his sword sliced the demon's arm, dislocating it from the demon's body.

"I got it," InuYasha murmured. He was stunned to see the arm connect back to the body and seemed like it hadn't been cut off at all.

"The arm connected back to the body again," InuYasha heard a familiar voice say. He turned around to see Shippo hiding behind a rock.

"What are you doing here you stupid fox demon?" InuYasha scolded.
"I stayed behind to help you, InuYasha," Shippo replied and then quickly exclaimed. "Look out!" InuYasha turned around to face the demon again only to be clawed in the right side of his face. InuYasha was drawn back, blood dripping down his neck from a wound on his cheek. "InuYasha!" Shippo exclaimed in alarm.

InuYasha got up slowly using Tetsusaiga for support. "I'm going to destroy this demon," he mumbled to himself.

InuYasha used all his remaining strength to charge up to the demon. "Die," he exclaimed and swung his sword. "Wind Scar!"

The demon's eyes widen in shock as InuYasha's Wind Scar blown him to bits.

InuYasha smirked and dropped down to his knees. Shippo approached him. "Are you okay, InuYasha?"

"I'm fine," he replied. "Let's go, Shippo." The little fox demon hopped on to InuYasha's shoulder. InuYasha raised his head and sniffed out Kagome's scent and started following it.

. . . . .

"I don't know the reason why I can't help InuYasha defeat the demon," Kagome complained. Sango took Kagome to her and Miroku's home. They sat down on the floor of the hut. Sango was patting Kirara who was sleeping on her lap.

"Well, you know InuYasha," Sango explained. "He's always protective of you."

"He's too protective if you ask me," Kagome murmured.

"You are his wife after all," Sango reasoned.

They both heard footsteps coming closer. And InuYasha joined both of them inside the hut. "There you are," he said sitting beside Kagome.

"InuYasha, you're hurt," Kagome said, referring to the wound on InuYasha's cheek. She got her first-aid kit from her back pack.

"It's nothing," InuYasha told her. Kagome started applying an ointment unto InuYasha's wound. He winced in pain. "I'm sorry, InuYasha," Kagome apologized.

"It's alright," he replied.

"Sango," somebody called from outside the hut. It was Miroku, Sango's husband.

Miroku entered the hut. "InuYasha, Kagome, you're here," he said.

"Hey, Miroku," Kagome and InuYasha greeted.

"Where's Shippo?"

"I brought him to Kaede's place before I came here," InuYasha replied to Miroku's question.

"Isn't Kuniome with Kaede?" Sango asked.

Kagome nodded. "Kaede's looking after her while InuYasha and I head out."

"So how's the little hanyou?" Miroku questioned.

InuYasha held Kagome's hand. "She's doing pretty good," Kagome replied. "She's tough like her father," she added and snuggled against InuYasha's chest.

"So what about you two?" InuYasha asked.

"I'm so restless," Miroku said. "I can't handle the three kids all by myself while Sango slays demons."

"That's actually good to hear," InuYasha murmured.

"Kagome," a squeaky voice called from outside the hut. Kagome, InuYasha, Sango and Miroku got out of the hut to find Shippo floating in the air with Kaede sitting on top of him, with Kagome and InuYasha's daughter, Kuniome.
Kaede got down from Shippo and then the fox demon reverted back to his normal form. Kagome ran towards Kaede with InuYasha right behind her.

"What's the matter, Kaede?" Kagome asked.

"Nothing is wrong, Kagome," Kaede replied. "The child is just looking for her parents, that's all."

Kuniome sprinted to her mother and hugged her. InuYasha walked closer and wrapped his arm around Kagome's waist. When Kuniome saw her father, she laughed and reached for him, grabbing his silver hair. InuYasha chuckled and rubbed his daugher's dog-like ears.

Four years had passed since InuYasha and the others finally defeated Naraku, yet they haven't stopped battling demons. InuYasha was happy to see Kagome back after three years of being apart. And Kagome was glad to know that InuYasha wanted to be with her for the rest if their lives.

Kuniome was born a year after Kagome returned to the feudal era. She had Kagome's hair color and InuYasha's golden eyes and dog-like ears. She's a lot like her father - a half demon. She grew up pretty fast. She looked the same age as Rin, but she was really just a year old.

Don't Forget To Vote >>>

And Follow me perhaps.