Chapter Seven

It was the night of a Lunar Eclipse. 

The great Inu no Taishō was badly wounded and bleeding from his battle with the demon Ryukotsusei.

The great, Inu no Taishō knew that the human he loves would give birth any moment now. He looked at the moon.

"Father, do you insist on going?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Do you intend to stop me, Sesshomaru?" Inu no Taishō replied, looking away from him.

"I will not stand in your way," Sesshomaru said. "However, before you go, you must entrust the swords Sō'unga and Tetsusaiga to me."

"And if I refuse, will you kill me? You're own father?" The great Inu no Taishō added.

The sound of waves crashing on the shore was the only thing they could hear.

"Do you desire power so much?" Inu no Taishō questioned. "Why do you seek power, my son?"

"The path I walk is the way of supreme conquest," Sesshomaru answered. "And it is power that will reveal the way for me."

"Supreme conquest," Inu no Taishō mumbled. "Tell me, Sesshomaru, have you someone to protect?"

Sesshomaru was stunned by the question his father has asked him. "Protect?" Sesshomaru repeated. "The answer is no. I, Sesshomaru, have no need of such," he finished raising his right arm to the side.

The great Inu no Taishō has had enough, he growled and transformed into the great dog demon that he is. He then left his son and had gone to the human he loves even though he was badly wounded. Izayoi.

Sesshomaru couldn't stop thinking of his father's question. Have you someone to protect?

"Why would I have any reason to waste my time protecting someone?" Sesshomaru mumbled to himself. "Ridiculous."

. , . , . , . , . , .

"I finally realized what you meant, father," Sesshomaru snapped back to the present, looking at his father's remains.

"Let's get out of here," InuYasha said. Sesshomaru just looked at him and knew that he was one of the people he must protect.

"You all return to you're world," Sesshomaru told them. "I'll stay here for a while."

"Suit yourself," InuYasha replied. He drawn out Tetsusaiga and it transformed into the Meidō Tetsusaiga.

"Meidō Zangetsuha," InuYasha yelled and swung his sword. Like before, a Meidō appeared. "Let's go, guys." They all got inside the Meidō, and before they knew it, they were back to their world.

"What do you suppose Sesshomaru will be doing back there?" Kagome asked.

"Beats me," InuYasha replied. Kagome got on InuYasha's back and they started running again, back to the village. Kuniome rode on Kirara with Sango and Miroku.

A day later, they finally arrived back at the village. And everything is back to normal.

. , . , . , . , . , .

"Mommy, Daddy," Kuniome called running towards her parents that were sitting under the Sacred tree.

"Hey there, Kuniome," InuYasha said.

"Where's Shippo, Kuniome?" Kagome asked.

"We're playing hide and seek. Have you seen him, mommy?" Kuniome asked.

"It wouldn't be fair if I tell you where he is now, would it?" Kagome replied.

"Use your senses, Kuniome," InuYasha reminded her. "You're like me, remember that."

"Right," Kuniome mumbled and then lifted her head up and sniffed. "I got him."

"Well, go and get him," InuYasha said.

Kuniome ran off to where she thinks Shippo was hiding.

"Is she right?" Kagome asked.

"Nope," InuYasha chuckled.

"Where is Shippo then?" Kagome questioned.

"Look up," InuYasha replied.

Kagome looked up to see Shippo standing on one of the branches of the Sacred tree.

"But don't worry, Kagome," InuYasha mumbled. "She'll learn someday."

Kagome leaned to press her lips on InuYasha's...

. , . , . , . , . , .

Back in the next world, Sesshomaru hasn't left his father's remains yet.

"Father, I now know the reason why you left Tenseiga to me," Sesshomaru said. "I apologize that it took me this long to realize."

Faces flashed inside Sesshomaru's mind - Jaken, InuYasha and especially Rin.

"I have someone to protect."

*The End*

A/N: Flashback Video available in Media >>>

Don't Forget To Vote >>>

And Follow me perhaps.

I hope you liked reading this. ♥