chapter xiv | Water

CHAPTER XIV
WATER

᥏ IT WASN'T RATHER ODD OF ME TO WONDER WHY CARINUS WOULD 'request my presence' at his pool, and so early in the morning as it was. I'm sure you'll find out in a moment.

But the moment I got there, I could see why.

There were five seemingly empty liquor bottles at the pool side where a still predominantly sober Carinus Salkamenos was. The blue water glowed, hopping off his thick pectorals and abdominals to paint him blue as well. His dark hair was slicked back from the water, head tilted back over the cusp of the room's floor.

It appeared that there were stars in the water when really it was the abnormally small lights in a black marble slat on the ceiling – just the size of the pool, standing right over it. To my surprise, the room's temperature was not cool or hot. I couldn't feel the temperature, in fact.

Through the otherwise lightless room, Carinus languidly revolved his head at me, giving me a horrid vision of all gorgeously raven eyes. Perhaps twice or threefold I'd seen this, but I was nowhere near acclimated with this tempered change.

Keen indiscretion, I felt most. That maybe he knew about the conversation on him in my room – and I requested that a maid see to the pale, blonde woman on my bed.

So, almost choking on a deep inhale, I mumbled in quandary, "You called on me, My King?"

"I did," Carinus stated back, and his eyelids moved, so I could only assume he was analysing me in one of his burgundy long-sleeves. The top was quite large on me, however I didn't mind.

I noticed them when he replied. The impending fangs of a blood drinker in his mouth. Never having paid all that much attention to them, just now did I come to the enlightening revelation of just how much larger they were than mine. Though, that must have something to do with the fact that you are a female. And he is a male, naturally largerin most case scenarios.

Hot and cold under his gaze, I sputtered out an apology. "I'm sorry for using one of your shirts, especially without asking, My King." My qualms toward the situation were all too evident, considering how I couldn't bare to look upon him and I was holding my eyes stressfully to my body.

"That is alright. Pet." An irrepressible shudder slipped down my back, inducing the wrenching of my hands.

Carinus' nonchalant replies and livid eyes did not mix well.

Lamenting, he locked his eyes on me. "Why don't you come in here with me?"

G-Go in there? I-In the w-water? With him in his b-birthday suit? my very own conscience hyperventilated, horrorified and yet just as much eagerness. "I-I can't swim," I excused in a fleeting moment of terror.

He scoffed a snicker. "You're afraid of drowning."

It was a declaration. Not a query.

I wasn't sure if that was just a coincidentally correct assumption, or if he actually knew. Nodded. "Yes, My King."

"Sir."

"Hm?" I hummed at the familiar seeming situation. Had this not happen before?

Glancing blankly at me, he commanded, "Call me 'Sir'."

"Sir." Of course, I said it without hesitation.

"Good. Now," he purred, pulling himself off of the side, and turned his entire body to face me, "come here, Pet. And take off that shirt."

His voice was so sweet, I couldn't detect the peril I was in, only knowing that there was 'DANGER, DON'T PUSH!' stamped on a big hazardous red button behind his arctic facade. Merely, when I reached the stairs did his words ring in my head. "But . . . I'm not wearing anything underneath."