IX. The Fun Fair

The Amusement park was all shimmers and glitters filled with activities and the best thing about them this time around was the kayaking they featured.
At least a lot of people were excited about that, though Hailey swore never to go near the water.

The girls for the life of them could not make up their minds on which activity to engage in first.

Why was it so impossible to do everything at once!

Despite the confusion they both wore a face racking smile, they beamed at each other knowing fun lies ahead.
Seeing Cara so happy made Hailey mentally congratulate herself for coming up with the fun fair idea, Cara deserved happiness because she made others happy as well, the fun thing was to cheer her up after the Parker's incident.

They rode the carrousel, they threw hoops and Hailey won a big teddy and Cara a stuffed unicorn, they had cotton candy and danced with the circus, they felt silly, weightless and free.

Then Hailey suggested the roller coaster, it was huge, tall, a metal monster and  downright scary.

"Am acrophobic Hailey, am afraid of heights. It makes me dizzy and gives me cold feet, Ijust can't."

"I promise it will be fun Cara." Hailey persuaded further.

"Hailey, go on without me, I'll just go to the haunted house instead."

Hailey gasped. "you prefer the haunted house to heights?!" she paused then continued  "Lets see, if you are brave enough to do something you are scared of I promise the same, okay?" She tried to coax Cara, not giving up.

Cara immediately had an idea and an evil grin made it's way to her face.

"Am going to regret this, aren't I?" Hailey asked warily.

"Definitely, dear friend! But for now we've got ourselves some Coaster to roll on." Cara shouted gleefully as she dragged Hailey to the Ticketer.

"Uh-oh!"

----------

Cara screamed and Hailey screamed.

The former was that of terror, the latter was that of excitement and joy.

The Roller coaster gave an upward surge,
"Put your hands in the air like you don't just care." Hailey shouted.

"No way! Am gonna dieee, I need to leave this world testate, tell mum and dad I'll forever live on–in their hearts."

"Don't be dramatic Cara, close your eyes and feel everything."

And Cara did just that though she felt hesitant at first,but she closed her eyes and felt. She felt the cool breeze, the bee-hive of bubbling activities below and all around her, the little waves crashing into each other in the nearby river as the wind vented its spleen on the Park, the excited shouts of people the sounds of jubilant kids and she felt Hailey close to her.
she was not alone at least not in this.

When she opened her eyes, it all changed, her perspective of the scenery changed, she saw things in a different way and for the first time in her life she pushed the thought of being high up in the sky to the deepest corners of her mind and truly enjoyed the ride.
She threw her hands up to the sky and screamed to the world as the roller coaster zig-zagged into a tunnel. At the other end of the tunnel both girls were spotting a huge grin.

The ride ended and though Cara enjoyed it she didn't insist for another, she took Hailey by the hand and shouted. "MY TURN!"

"Oh no, not kayaking." Hailey said visibly shaking,

"Yes Kayaking. A deal is a debt in fact." Cara insisted.
"Follow your own advice and just let it flow Hailey, you helped me out there, let me help you too."