The Loss of My Best Friend

I woke up to have been jumping yelling my name.

   " mama."

   " mama."

   " mama."

   " What is it Ben?"

   " We need to leave. Everyone else is ready."

I sat up quickly and noticed I was in the grass sleeping. Everyone was standing around me.

   " Sorry. I'm just tired."

   " It's okay. Let's start walking though okay?" Aphmau said. I nodded my head and started walking. Ben walked with Garroth. I looked at them both.

( Flashback )

   " To think I actually forgot about your curse."

   " I don't blame you. I forgot about it too......................Hey Garroth?"

   " Ya."

   " If it ever comes to that point where I'll be frozen raise Ben for me please."

   " Y/n that won't happen...

He grabbed my shoulders and turned me towards him and he looked at me in the eyes.

   " ...I'll make sure it won't happen."

( Flashback over )

I hope Garroth will keep the promise. He would be a good father to Ben.

   " Hey."

I looked to my left to see Aaron.

   " Hey, Aaron. What's up?"

   " Just wondering what you're thinking about. You were staring at the ground for a while there."

   " Oh I was just thinking about the future."

   " Oh the curse."

   " Ya. My 21 birthday is coming close. This upcoming month."

   " Wow that is close."

   " Ya. Look on the bright side though I have time to look at least."

   " I guess that would be enough time."

   " It's all I got left."

   " So you were out like a light this morning weren't you?"

   " Shut up."

He laughed at that. Then I saw the gates of Phoenix Drop in my site. We walked through the gate while Ben held my hand. I started walking around the place.

   " Y/n!"

I looked and seen a certain blue-haired guard running towards me.

   " Dante!"

He ran up and hugged me. I hugged him back.

   " I'm so happy your back. You don't know how much we missed you, and...who's this!?"

He looked down at Ben.

   " Dante this is my son Ben."

   " Who's the father!? I swear if he's not good enough I will-"

   " I adopted him Dante."

   " Oh. Sorry, your like my sister. What else was I supposed to react like?"

I shrugged and waved bye to Dante. I walked around the village and walked to my old house. I walked inside and everything looked clean. I smiled at the place. Ben yawned so I picked him up and put him in my old bed. I walked outside and started walking around the village then I saw Cadenza.

   " Cadenza!"

   " Y/n!"

She hugged me and I hugged her. Then she ran me to her house and gave me a fresh dress to wear.

 Then she ran me to her house and gave me a fresh dress to wear

   " Thanks, Cadenza."

   " Not a problem. "

   " Hey by the way where is D/n?"

   " ...."

   " Cadenza?"

   " Y/n he tried to save you when you were kidnapped. One man shot him and D/n didn't make it."

   " What?"

   " I'm sorry Y/n."

I walked out of her house. I started walking around the village. Then I saw Laurence.

   " Hey Y/n. Are you okay? Your back home shouldn't you be happy?"

   " Laurence where is D/n?"

His face turned sad. He grabbed my hand and guided me through the forest. Then we got to a spot by two blackberry bushes. Under the tree in between the bushes was a grave. It said R.I.P. D/n. xxxx - xxxx Loyal guard dog and best friend to Y/n L/n. I fell on my knees and started crying. Laurence got on his knees and held me as I cried into my hands. I then held onto Laurence and cried on his armor.

   " H-he's been with m-m-me forever L-Laurence. Ever since m-my v-village was invaded. L-Laurence he was my b-b-best friend."

   " I know Y/n. I'm sorry. We tried to save him, we couldn't heal him in time. I'm sorry."

I could feel some rain start to sprinkle. Then I felt it pouring. I didn't care. I wanted to shed my tears for D/n.