sixteen.

Where you from?

My phone screen lit up, showing my a text from someone on "plenty of fish". I quickly swiped across, typing a few words into my phone before pressing send.

Like town? Cali.

(A/N: I forgot where I said these niggas are. Don't blame me.)

Alex, today, didn't seem to take notice of me. Instead, his head was shoved into a textbook, furiously trying to revise for the upcoming test. Truth be told, it was stupid of him to not prepare earlier but Alex has never been the one to take the initiative and stop procrastinating. In out whole academic years, I've only ever seen him revise twicee-today and a couple years back for the end of year paper.

I would be revising too but ever since I downloaded the app, I haven't been able to take my eyes off it. Everyone on there seemed to be looking for the same things-- an escape.

I didn't have to hide my identity around the people on the app. Instead, I got to be myself and not have to worry about any consequences. So far, nobody from my town was on the app. It was either they were so far behind on the technological spectrum or they didn't care for it.

I didn't mind. I found it easier to pretend that way.

My phone pinged again.

Ight. You ain't even far from me. ;)

I smiled slightly, biting my lip. Swipping my hand across the screen, the keyboard popped up quickly, allowing me to reply fast.

Yeah. Why you thinking of coming down?

"Jay," Alex called, looking up from his book. "Do you think I'm going to fail this exam?"

I hesitated before nodding slightly, not missing the way Alex's face morphed into immediate sadness. I almost wanted to laugh but kept myself composed, reaching one hand across the table to console him. "Relax. I'm joking." I said, smiling slightly. "Besides, you've had your face shoved into that book for about--" I looked up at the clock "--an hour and 30 minutes. If that information didn't go into your brain, I don't know where it went."

Alex rolled his eyes, a small smile appearing on his face, telling me he liked my joke. I sighed, sitting back, staring down at my phone in my hands. So far, the person I was speaking to, Marcus, hadn't replied yet. I wasn't worried though. I didn't really like Marcus that much.

I only started speaking to him because he looked like excitement. I couldn't explain it but for me, Marcus represented things I wanted to get away with. At one point, I thought that was the same way I felt about Danny. When I started speaking to Mafcus, I kept comparing him to Danny, finding lots of similarites. But after a while, I stopped myself, deciding that Danny wasn't going to take up any more of my time.

I mean, maybe. You want me to come?

Did I want him to come? I didn't even know. To be fair, I didn't even know what I was doing. There was no way to make sure that Marcus was who he said he was. Despite the pictures and the location, the only thing I knew about him was his job and his likes/dislikes. Other than that, Marcus was a complete stranger.

But, still, that didn't seem to stop my fingers from sliding across the screen, typing the words;

Yes.

-

Did Jay just get some new dick? I don't know.