xvi.

HARRY STYLES EXPLAINS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND EACH TRACK ON HIS NEW ALBUM!

— last week we sat down with a surprisingly solemn harry styles (which we pin down to his recent break up with his girlfriend of two years, juniper harington) and asked him all about his new album!

so harry, mr styles, thanks so much for being here!

its my pleasure. thanks for having me.

so should we get straight into the album then?

great idea.

there's been a lot of speculation about who the tracks are about. most rumours surrounding a certain taylor swift and juniper harington. would you care to comment?

"um, yeah." harry shrugged, being a bit taken aback at the mention of juniper so early into the interview. "um, the songs on there come from a lot of places, but most of them are about my girl - uh my ex girlfriend." harry corrected himself.

MEET ME IN THE HALLWAY

"uh, i wrote that one in early 2015. about a girl. its kinda from her perspective, a bit from mine. and uh, thats all im willing to share."

SIGN OF THE TIMES

harry takes a swig of his water bottle before saying. "i think that that one, um, can be interpreted in many different ways for many different people. for me there is the story of the mum and her uh, baby. while at the chorus i usually think about how humanity doesn't seem to be learning from its mistakes and how in the 21st century people's basic human rights are being neglected."

CAROLINA

"uh, this one surprisingly has nothing to do with said place." harry smiled. "this was, again, written in early 2015 after i met a fantastic, lovely, incredible woman."

"any more adjectives?"

"jaw-dropping." he grinned.

"so how did the theme of 'carolina' come into it then?"

"just thought it would keep people guessing. make things interesting." harry shrugged. "which i now realise was pointless seeing as i just revealed it all to you." he then chuckled.

TWO GHOSTS

"this was, uh written quite recently." harry visibly stiffened and scratched the back of his neck. "it's kind of how im explaining recent events. to both myself and everyone else. it helps me, uh, kind of understand why what happened, happened."

SWEET CREATURE

"yeah, uh, this one is pretty self explanatory. most people know that i couldn't be slick and try to give this a deeper meaning. it's based on a love letter."

ONLY ANGEL

"only angel is a good one. one of my favourites i think. again about someone who despite their sometimes devillish persona, is - uh, was my angel. it describes how difficult her and i's beginning was but how she was worth it all."

KIWI

"yeah, um this one is again reflecting on a girl. the girl. it focuses on how she was when i first met her. uh, wild, free, effortlessly sexy." harry finishes his sentence with a chuckle and a smirk.

EVER SINCE NEW YORK

"ever since new york, is about the last moments with someone. where you know its over once you walk out of the door, but you just haven't yet, for whatever reason"

WOMAN

"this is a kind of, pre-emptive one. its about how i imagine it feels when an ex lover finds someone new."

FROM THE DINING TABLE

"from the dining table was the last song i wrote. i was inspired by the, uh, admittedly hard last few weeks."

"thanks so much for coming to speak to us, harry. and being so open."

"uh, yeah. s'fine. might've even be a bit therapeutic., who knows."