12

"Williams!" two male voices called out as I entered into the boy's common room. Much to my surprise, their floors were clean and their video game controllers were neatly stacked by the TV. There were only two people occupying the room and they were playing ping pong. One had dark hair and was made of mysterious shadows and angles. Playing against him was his best friend.

"Williams, c'mon over!" Theo called, keeping his attention on the game.

I smiled. Never had I seen these two interacting outside of track or if it didn't involve me. Never had I seen their friendship in it's true, raw form.

I passed many recliner chairs on the way to the leisure area and imagined this place full of males on a night where football was on, them all cheering and screaming at whatever had just happened. My mind thought of whether Theo or Asher would be there.

The two were still playing when I reached them, but were still able to pay attention and talk. "What brings you here, Williams?" Asher asked.

I took a moment. "It's....well I was actually looking for Carson. He was supposed to watch Children of the Corn with-"

"What's that?"

I gave Asher a sideways glance which made Theo chuckle a bit. "Are you really trying to weasel yourself into my plans?"

"That is exactly what I'm trying to do." Asher caught the ping pong ball for moment and then served it back to Theo. "Now tell me what it is."

My eyes searched the room for Carson, but he was nowhere to be found. I sighed in defeat. "It's a really bad horror movie about these kids. Not even scary."

"Cool. I'm in."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Asher Devreaux could get any girl in the universe to do whatever he desires. Because directly after he set himself up to watch the movie with me, Asher caught the ping pong ball once again and paused to give me the most charming smirk I'd ever seen. The expression is not one that guys do to attract girls. It's quite the opposite actually, where his jawline is perfectly defined and his eyes are ever so slightly crinkled. Taking theatre freshman year had helped me to keep a straight face. I noticed that Theo was laughing so hard, he was on the brink of tears.

"You." I said, eyeing him. "You really do find this situation comical."

Theo nodded.

"And you're not gonna do anything about it?"

Instead of answering me, Theo placed his paddle in a box that resided next to the table and silently walked away. Asher's face expressed sheer amusement, as if he knew exactly what his friend was thinking. It made me feel a little uncomfortable but mostly glad when his eyes met mine.

"I'm jealous of your telekinetic powers." I said, straightforward.

Asher's eyes gleamed. "I know you are. It was obvious when you came in and stood there with your mouth gaping open, whilst Theodore and I exchanged scandalous thoughts."

"I knew you two made a great couple. When's the wedding?"

Asher stared at me in place of a response. The golden brown glint of his hair, the bright green of his iris, it all forced me to hold myself back. We were friends. But he was so absolutely, undeniably beautiful.

"Emerson Williams, you're gazing." he finally said. The corners of Asher's full lips were turned upwards. I could feel a warm blush rising on my cheeks.

"If Carson won't show, then I guess you can watch the movie with me."

The content smile didn't leave Asher's face.

Excuse the 1,000 mistakes in this chapter, but it was written in one day and I actually really like it.