3. Family

I tried flapping again, but I wasn't strong enough to pull myself up, I see Singe dive down for me. I extend my talon and he grabs mine pulling out of the dive.
He flapped his wings as we get higher, he sits me down at the edge of the cliff, his breathing fast. My eyes lids slowly slides down and I was out.

~Back~

I woke in my den my wings tight to my body, my right eye hurt a lot; and my right wing throbbed. My mother walked in, "Oh Glory, you're alright!" She squealed and hugged me with her wings.
"Ok ok mom, let go," I say smiling, then heavy footsteps filled the den.
"Sue! Let her go," my father anticipated, his black blue scales shining. He walked up to me and smiled, "Glory, you did go, well attacking the leader isn't smart but you stood your ground. You'll grow up and be the strongest dragon, you just wait."
I smiled, "I just did what you taught, dad;" he smiled knowing that his work wasn't in veil.
"Scorch!" My mother hissed, "Really that's all you have to say!" Your father smiled and mom hit him with her tail, I stifled a laugh.
Then my brother ran in sliding to a stop, "Glory! You're all right," he squealed, "Man I thought you weren't going to make it with your wing badly bruised." Mom covered his mouth, my purple eyes widen as I extend my right wing, it was purple and black.
I breathe slowly trying to calm myself down, my father looks at me worried, I fold my wing back up, wincing through the process. My mother uncovered my brothers mouth, "Singe!" My mother scolded him, I stand and both my parents look at me.
Worry and doubt filled their eyes, I snored smoke from my nose. Singe, my mother, and father were quiet as I walked out of the den, I walked into the forest that was left of the den. Our island was full of cliffs, no it was a cliff, with just a little flat land on the north side of it.
The trees were both left and right on the flat land, only a little land was empty, our caves were hidden by the trees.
The forest was the new that was the one Shade and I walked by, the one that I get hurt by. The one I fought Shard in, and the one I hated, yet this forest was the only one on the island so I had to like it. I walked past tree after tree, the ground damp, a little mud here and there.
I walked on until I reached the edge of the forest, the wind was quiet and the sun was shining. My eyes glistened in the sun, the sunset just ahead of me; I had the urge to jump off the cliff and fly into it.
I lay down, and flick my tail to my face, I bathed in the sun, my wing facing it; the bruises let up and the purple started to fade.
"Hey Glory," I heard someone say behind me, my ears perked up as he continued to speak. "Are you alright?" It was Shade, I stood up my right wing was tense but didn't hurt anymore, as I turned around and faced him.
His gaze was grasped on my right eye, "I'm fine," I cooed, "My wing his healed," he had a face bewilderment. "The sun is my stone," his face was even more confused.
"What?!" He asked.
You smiled, "We are Night Fury's right, so the moon heals you, right." Shade nodded, "But I'm different, everyone scales are dark; they bland in with the night. And yet look at me, I'm as bright as day," Shade's face looked a little more understanding.
I opened my wings and Shade looked to the right one; I bring my wings in but not by my body. I turn to the sun, "You ready Shade," you ask him.
"What do you mean, Glory?" He sounded worried.
"Open your wings," you said talking into the wind, he slowly did. "Shade, you're going to fly," you said facing him.
He started to back away, I put my paw on his, his gaze locked on my eyes; "I'll be taking a risk too. I don't know if I will fly or fall, you have a better chance of flying. But you'll never know if you don't try."
You lift my claw off his and he walks to the edge of the cliff, you walk into the forest and face the cliff. Shade turns to me and jumps to my side, he smiles and looks at the sun, his tail waved around mine. I smiled as I started to run, Shade and I, both our feet pounding together. We both jumped off the cliff and opened our wings.

~Now~

I slowly open my eyes to see my brother's red scales shining in my face; I was in my den. Skor and Razor waited outside, but Rose and Singe were standing in front of me. I slowly sit up and look at them, a small smile on my face.
"You need some rest," Singe said standing taller then me, I groan lying my head on my claws. I wanted to go. I wanted to see Shade and fly with him again. Singe had Rose so he should understand, right.
"Glory," I looked up at him refusing to move, "You'll find him, you are the only one that can." I smiled and closed my eyes again, the sun way setting and I couldn't stand the night, even if it was in my name.