one

❝it's just a dream❞

Waking up in the middle of the night was nothing new to me, I would always wake up baffled by what my dream was about.

Dreams for me haven't been pleasant at all, it was always the same dream every night for the past twenty years for me.

It's always the incoherent whispers that would grow louder and louder, I never could understand much of the whispers, but two words were clear enough to understand.

"find me."

I lay there quietly on my bed as the sun began to rise, the two words swimming in my head as always.

find me

find me

find me

Getting out of bed, I made my way to my bare kitchen to make myself some coffee. There was a post-it on my mug reminding me today was the day that I'd be moving to the apartment just two hours away.

"Better get going." I mumbled to myself. Despite the fact that it was only 4:30 in the morning, I'd rather do something than just lie back down again. Padding off to my room I changed my clothes and drove to my new apartment.

The building was relatively new, but since the prices are really reasonable lots of people have already made this their home.

I walked into the lobby, the doorman giving me a curt nod as I entered the elevators. My therapist suggested this place since it's near her office, I never would've moved here if she hadn't told me that he might be able to help me decipher my dream.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and slowly closed the door behind me, not wanting to disturb any of my neighbors.

The room was already furnished with all the simple necessary furniture a person could need. I already moved all my stuff here the day before, so I could just fix everything today.

Moving my clothes from the boxes and suitcases to my closet took longer than it should have (considering the fact that I'd doze off from time to time due to my lack of sleep) and it was already 7:30 am. I sighed, kicking the nearest box in frustration. "Damned shrink you are!" I hissed, thinking that this -all this- was just a stupid idea.

I grabbed my bag and went out to the nearest cafe for breakfast. 

The nearest cafe I had found was just a three minute walk from my building. I took a seat, taking a moment to inhale the comforting smell of freshly brewed coffee. The waitress got my ordered and gave me my order.

With my coffee in hand and my sandwich in my bag, I made my way back to the building and just eat while I fix everything up. Taking a sip out of my coffee an old man who was seated on a bench studied me as I walked past his bench, I gave him a smile but all he did was look at me.

He's just an old man, cut him some slack, I thought to myself as I walked a bit faster to the building.

find me

find me

find me

The whispers hissed, as the old kept his gaze on me

"Stop, please, stop!" I begged quietly, the whispering filling my ears once more. I began to run, my coffee was probably spilled on someone. My heart pounding against my chest as my lungs strained.

I made a run to the building. "Hey, you're that girl from 415 right?"  A voice quietly asked me the moment I stepped into the building. I looked up to see a pair of bright green eyes looking at me.

I nodded. "Yeah, that's me I guess." I laughed chuckled half heartedly, the guy gave me a smile.

He handed me a box, that was addressed to me. "That's for you, I found it in my mail." The man said, the small smile on his lips never leaving as he spoke to me. "It happens a lot, don't worry." He had a lovely accent.

I smiled at him, pleased to have finally met someone. "Thanks." The box was tucked under my arm as he nodded at me, his green eyes studying me.

"418. If you ever need anything." He said, running his fingers through his mess of dark curls and went out into the busy streets.

I stayed there for a moment, looking through the revolving glass doors with a smile on my lips. Turning to the doorman, he smiled at me. "Have a wonderful day Miss Stone, it was a pleasure finally meeting you." Then resumed to reading his newspaper.

How odd. 

 But then odd wasn't a new thing for me either. 

guess who's back? me! i missed you guys!

hope you like this one :)

please vote and comment 

-marianne