Chapter 25

Today is the day. The day of the wedding. Today is the day where they would become husband and wife. The day they had been waiting for for so long.

Caitlin woke up in the bridal suite alone like she had the last few nights since they had arrived at the hotel five days ago. She hates sleeping without Barry but tonight she would be reunited with him for their wedding night. As she woke, she heard a soft knock on the door. Yawning, she put on a dressing gown and slippers over her pyjamas and went to open the door.

"Good morning, Miss Snow, I have flowers from the groom and the breakfast that you order last night: Continental breakfast," a member of hotel staff greeted, holding a bouquet of roses in one hand and one of those carts with the plate of food on with the dish that goes on top of the plate to keep it warm.

"Come in, I will put these in a vase. Thank you," Caitlin replied, beaming as she took the flowers from him and smelt them before rushing to put them in a vase. As she did she noticed a note attached.

'Good morning my beautiful bride, I will see you at the altar. I love you'

She smiled and saw the man at the door out before taking her breakfast to bed and tucking in. She had a strict schedule today for getting ready, the ceremony starts at two O'clock and it's eight right now. Her bridesmaids and her mother will be here to help her get ready in an hour so she needs to eat, shower and dry her hair before they get here. The plan was to do her hair, makeup, nails and toenails painted then the dress and veil.

Once she finished eating her breakfast, she jumped into the shower taking more care than usual with shaving so she wouldn't get any cuts. That's the last thing she wanted on her wedding day and wedding night. She just wanted today to go perfectly without a hitch. More than anything she wanted everything to be perfect.

After getting out the shower and drying her hair, she sat in her dressing gown and watched TV until her bridesmaids arrived. Seeing as her mother is still ill, she wanted to give her some more time to sleep so asked her to get to her room for eleven rather than nine. As the clock struck nine, there was a loud knock at the door. Quickly, Caitlin rushed to it and opened it to see her three bridesmaids Grace, Iris and Holly standing there looking beautiful already in their dresses. The only thing they needed to do was their makeup and they would be good to go.

They all rushed into Caitlin's room all holding different things like makeup bags and hair styling things. They sat her down in the chair in front t of the mirror and got to work. Grace started with her hair, Holly polished her nails to get them ready for painting in a whitey, pink colour on her fingernails and toenails and Iris gave her some cream stuff to soften her skin.

It took four hours and Carla arriving to help out but Caitlin was finally ready to get in her dress. After everything but the dress and shoes and veil was finished, she helped her bridesmaids with their makeup with her mother's help before putting her dress on.

They had to leave at quarter to two so they only had forty-five minutes left. It took twenty minutes but Caitlin was finally in her dress with her heels and veil on, her makeup perfect. In fact, her whole look was perfect. She looked beautiful and stunning.

Twenty-five minutes until they have to leave. The bridesmaids had gone to the reception of the hotel to wait for the car to arrive to take them to the wedding which left Caitlin and Carla alone in her room.

The bride stood in front of the mirror taking in the image of her as this woman that she didn't quite recognise looked back at her. She looked so beautiful and elegant. She knew it was her but she looked so different and changed from the woman she was two years ago. Before she met Barry again. He had really changed her. But for the good. She never wanted to go back to being the lonely and isolated woman she was back then. She wanted to be the beautiful wife, scientist, CEO and someday mother that is Mrs Caitlin Allen. Who she is about to become.