Chapter Eight

"Dont think about the one million reasons it wont work out. Think about the one reason why it will". Fearless Motivations

The only sound that was heard was the clatter of plates and utensils as everyone ate

The only sound that was heard was the clatter of plates and utensils as everyone ate. I shot a sideways glance to Avril who sat at my right. She picked at her food with a bored expression as she grumbled under her breath. I looked to my left and met his gaze straight away. I diverted my attention not wanting to stare at him too long.

Axel sat at the head of the table with Delilah on his right and Alejandro being his beta on the left hand side. My father and Beta Benjamin sat next to Alejandro while I sat next to Avril who sat next to Delilah. I was supposed to be seated across my father but I couldn't bring myself to sit so close to the pair so I made Avril sit there causing my father to raise a brow at my actions.

Suddenly the doors to the dining hall opened and Kane walked in with Sebastian at his side.

"My King," he said as he bowed while Axel looked curious as to why they were here, before they faced me with a grin.

I narrowed my gaze at them waiting for them to speak.

"Nevaeh, would you do us the honors of running with the warriors tonight," Kane said with a mock bow.

I rolled my eyes and laughed before voicing my agreement.

"Of course I..."

"No."

My head whipped towards the sound of Axels voice as he stared at his warriors.

"She will not be joining you for the run. Your dismissed."

"Oh ok Alpha," they said with a bow before turning away.

"Wait," I said halting their movement.

I turned to Axel and glared at him before standing up. He narrowed his gaze at me as he stood up as well. Delilah looked at me worriedly while my dad shook his head.

"Nevaeh," my dad said warning me as he watched my every move.

I looked at him and sighed when he gestured for me to sit down. I shook my head before focusing my attention back on my mate.

"Im not hungry anyway, so Im going to be taking my leave. Avril would you like to join?"

She stood up grinning and practically ran out of the room without a word to her father or the others. Benjamin literally facepalmed at his daughters actions.

I laughed but not before Axel slammed his hand down on the table causing me to jump in fright.

I faced him as he walked around the table standing right in front of me.

I took a step back while he took one forward invading my personal space. His eyes penetrated mine as he growled lowly.

"Leave us."

I turned around to leave but his hand shot out as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him.

"Not you."

Oh? I realised he was talking to the others as they stood up to leave. My father looked at us weirdly before he left the hall with Benjamin.

"Axel?"

"Not now Delilah," he grumbled under his breath as she sighed and left the room.

I ripped my wrist out of his grip and crossed my arms glaring at him when the others left.

"What is it?"

"Well the fact that you went over my call and defied me in front of everyone? Nothing much." he said in a sarcastic tone.

"So the Alpha king is able to show sarcasm. How lovely," I said with an eye roll before I turned around.

I didn't get very far since he gripped my arm and jerked me towards him causing my back to press against his front. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, tightening his hold when I struggled against him.

"Don't turn your back on me..." he said lowly as he moved his face closer to my neck though not touching.

"Don't defy me in front of others..." he continued as his breath fanned across my skin the closer he got.

"Don't talk to other men as if I'm not there..." my breathing deeped as he placed a kiss where a mate is supposed to mark their other half.

"Axel stop," I said breathlessly.

"Next time you do...I won't hesitate to throw you over my knee and spank your ass for your disobedience."

I rolled my eyes at him and tugged at his arms that were wrapped around me.

"Let go of me, your scent is suffocating me," I said irritated with the onslaught of emotions that coursed through me from his touch.

"I don't appreciate you hanging around unmated males. My scent all over you will be the only way to keep them away."

Now I was seething.

I growled as I forcefully ripped myself out of his hold.

"You have no right to control who I spend my time with. So stop invading in my business and focus on your own."

"I am focusing on my own."

"No your not..."

He stepped up to me to the point our chests were touching but he made no move to wrap his arms around me.

"You Nevaeh are my business. What business you claim as yours is also mine."

"We made a deal. You have reaponsibilties and so do I, so stay out of my way Alpha" I said through clenched teeth.

He took hold of my chin in his hand turning my head as he buried his nose in my neck inhaling my scent.

"Dont," I warned.

He sighed before pulling away.

"Be patient with me Nevaeh. Its not what it seems."

I inhaled deeply faintly smelling Delilahs scent on him as I cringed.

"I am no ones seconds. We are done here," I said as I walked out of the room.

I ran through the hall reaching the front door and shifted mid way into my wolf as I jumped off the deck.

I raised my nose in the air picking up the scent of the warriors and running
towards their direction.

Hunting with warriors brings a wolfish grin to my face as I bullet through the forest seeking my destination.