Meeting Them

Omm and I listened to One Direction on the way to Birkirkira, which was about a half hour away, and she got really excited about their concert tomorrow, which was kind of weird, so I decided to tell Facebook about it. I posted: "Omm: "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 1D CONCERT! I FEEL SO YOUNG LISTENING TO THEM! ALEX, AREN'T YOU EXCITED?" Me: "Yeah, omm-" Omm: "SO EXCITED! 'EVERYONE ELSE IN THE ROOM CAN SEE IT, EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOU!'" Me: "Omm... Calm down." ; Bajja with omm! We're having a time... xx"

  20 likes 10 minutes later. I was a lot more popular than I thought. I texted Cassy, and we fangirled by texting eachother. She described her dress she was wearing tomorrow as, "Super cute, and will make Niall want her in his bedroom." I laughed so hard at her, and told my omm.

  "I want Zayn in my bedroom!" She said, and I froze, looking up at her with shocked eyes. "What? He can't be that young!"

  "Omm, he's 19..." I said, and I looked at a text to reply quietly.

  "Oh..." She said, "Never mind. You have a better chance." I rolled my eyes. Zayn was hot, but Harry was sexy.

  I smile to myself, and text Cassandra, "Gotta go, sweetums! I see the beach! I'll take a picture with any cute boys for you... (;"

  She would get really jealous, and she knows I'll actually do it. We pull up to the hotel, and omm says she's just going to go check on her employees. I smile, and take my stuff into the hotel, saying 'Hi,' to the security guards, they let me out the back way to the beach, and I find a free umbrella, I lay out my towel, and set it up. I take off my shirt, and admire my purple bathing suit, I take off my spandex and lay them beside my bag. I look oout at the light blue water and smile. Just then, I see a few boys run by, blocking my view. They look at me, and stop. I smile at them shyly, and decide to put my clothes on again when they walk away. I squint down the beach, and then take out my sunglasses to get a better view at the volleyball nets. I see 3 boys on one side, and 2 on the other. They look hot, and I'm considered hot, so I start in that direction, hoping to get some game in today.

  As I approch, I see a blonde guy, a black haired guy, a curly haired one, who reminds me of Harry, and 2 boys with straight brown hair. He really reminds me of Harry... Now that I think of it, the blonde looks like... Niall... Oh my gosh! Feeling stupid I didn't before, I realise the boys playing volleyball aren't just normal "subien ħelu," (Cute boys) they're One Direction. I try really hard to keep my cool as I walk up to them.

  They stop when I take the third place on the side with only Zayn and Niall. I have my hands behind my back, and with my sunglasses, they can't see my eyes. I take a hand out, and wave. "Hi, I'm Alex." Stupid. Should have said your last name. "Robarta!" I blurt, "Alex Robarta." I smile. And Harry smiles immediately, where the others had to take a second before they did. I look at Harry, and then the others.

  "I'm Harry!" He says, ducking under the net, and coming over to shake my hand. He smiles his cute smile and I see his dimples. I smile harder, and probably blush like crazy.

  "I know," I laugh, "You guys are One Direction, I'm going to your concert with my friend and omm tomorrow." I smile.

  I shake the others' hands, and then Harry asks, "Your 'omm'?"

  I nod, "That's Maltese for 'mother,'" I smile again, proud to speak both languages. "I can speak English and Maltese."

  "Neat," Liam says, and I smile at the way he says it. "So, did you want to play with us? Are you any good?"

  "Captain of my University's Varsity Girl's Team." I broaden my shoulders and grin at them.

  "Alright then, let's get to it!" Zayn says, taking his spot again with the ball.

  "But, we're all going to die!" Louis screams, and runs to his spot. I laugh, he's funnier in person.

  "It's okay!" I call, "I'll go easy!" I smile, and get into position.

  "She looks so pro already!" Niall says, "We're going to win for sure!" I smile, and remember all the years I played volleyball, since 6th grade. I only ever lost 2 games.

  In the end, we ended up winning. "Yes! That's game!" I yell, and start fist-pumping! Niall gives me a high five and Zayn and I bump chests. Louis cries dramatically, and Harry just stares at me, smiling. Liam is comforting Louis. It's like hanging out with a few of my close friends. I smile, and then remember I told Cassy I would take a picture wiht cute guys for her.

  "Hey, guys!? Can I ask you for a favour?" I ask when we're all hanging out around my umbrella a few minutes later. I wonder where my omm went, but shrug it off because I'm with the boy I like, Harry.

  Harry scoots closer to me, "Anything!" He smiles cheekily at me, and I smile at the ground. "Oh my gosh!" He says, jumping up. "Guys!! She doesn't know she's beautiful!" I put my face in my hands, because people look over.

  "Guys... Stop!" I beg, as they stand up, and start singing 'What Makes You Beautiful.'

  "Everyone else in the room-" I jump up and attack Harry, jumping on top of him, and hugging him really tight. That doesn't stop him, he just hugs me back. "Can see it, everyone else-" This time, I do the only thing I can to make him shut him up. It took me a lot to work up the guts, and I lean in onto him. Pressing my lips to his. We just sit still for a second, but then he works his lips with mine, and the boys are cheering Harry on. I laugh when we're kissing, and he smiles, and keeps going.

  "Alexandra Mura Vandara Ricara Robarta!" My omm saying my full name is never a good thing, and I jump off Harry, he sits up. "What on earth are you doing?!" She sounds really mad, and it's a good thing I have sunglasses on because I'm tearing up. Ever since she used my full name, I knew it wasn't going to be good. I open my mouth to speak, but Harry beats me to it.

  "Mrs.-" Harry starts.

  "Miss." My omm says firmly. This wasn't a good start. I drop my head, putting my face in my hands, and sitting on the ground. Liam, Zayn and Niall join me, trying to comfort me, but Louis stays with Harry.

  "Miss... Robarta, it's not Alexandra's fault, we all started singing to her, and-" He stops mid sentence, and I look up to see why.

  My omm, is smiling. Smiling! Why? She answers my question. "You're all from One Direction aren't you?" Automatically, I stop crying, and smile, too. I stand up, and start walking towards my omm. She squeals a little, and I know she's just as excited as I was. I hug her, and she jumps up and down. "I can't believe it!"

  "Yes, we are," Harry laughs.

  "Alexandra! You were just making out with Harry!" She laughs, and pushes me towards him. I smile, and he puts his arms around me. I hold him. The reality of this all kicking in, and I laugh. "This is amazing!" Omm says before me. I laugh, and they all do, too. Joining in on the hug.

  "Omm?" I ask, ducking out of the hug and getting my iPhone out, handing it to her after I get the camera up. "Can you take a picture?" I ask, and then the boys join my side, Harry puts his arms around me again, and I put mine around him. The boys get into position around us. Niall beside Harry, Zayn beside me, Louis beside Niall and Liam beside Zayn. Omm takes a picture of us all, and separate ones with each of the boys and I alone. In the one with Harry and I, he kisses me on the forehead.

  "Nirringrazzjak, omm." I thank her in Maltese, and the boys look confused. I love it, and smile at them. "It means, 'thank you, mother.'" They nod, understanding and omm and I laugh. "Anyone want to go for a swim?" I ask.

  Everyone does. I laugh, and take off my shirt. I shake my hair out after, and Harry is staring at my chest. I laugh, throwing my head back, "Harry, my eyes are up here!" I point and he laughs, embarassed, he takes his own shirt off. His abs are so beautiful, and I'm aware of staring at them. So is he.

  "Alex, my eyes are up here," he points, teasing me, and I laugh, not embarassed at all. I kiss him. He kisses me back. We can't possibly have a kiss that lasts less than 5 seconds. Niall pulls me off after 10 seconds. I laugh.

  It's like I've known them all forever when they remove their shirts, and I don't stare at them like I do at Harry, I can't take my eyes off him, and it's vice versa for him.