The Abandoned Bungalow

10 minutes into the drive, I took out my phone and changed my relationship status on Facebook. 30 likes in 5 minutes, and a lot of questions on who it was. I simply replied, "Harry Styles. Yeah, THE Harry. (: xx" Many people couldn't believe it, but once I put on the pictures, it was legit. I got a lot of 'Congratulations, Jack!' My dad spread that nickname around. It sucked.

  I must have been smiling, because my Omm laughed. "What's so funny?" She asked.

  I shrugged, "People can't believe that Harry and I are together. It's pretty funny." I say, and laugh a bit, too.

  "I can barely believe it! My daughter is dating a celebrity!" She squeals, and I laugh. I get a text from Harry, and my heart skips a beat. He set his name as, "Kbir Bewsa (H.S) ;)" I blush. Little did he know, that meant 'Great Kisser,' In Maltese. My burgandy phone case was sweaty because it was such a hot day in Birkirkira. I couldn't wait to be back in my air conditioned house. Even being in a convertable on a highway wasn't helping me.

  His text said, "I need your Twitter and Facebook, babe. .xx <3" I sent them both to him, and he texted back, "I didn't know I was already following you! You're James Robarta's daughter! That's really stupid how I just figured that out... .xx"

  I laughed at his text, and replied, "I thought that you knew, sorry! x" I put my phone on the dock, and One Direction blasted through the car. Omm danced in her seat, and I did, too. All the sadness was gone, because I had front row seats to see my new best friends, and boyfriend, in concert tomorrow night!

  The trip seemed too short, and when I got out of the car, I hugged Omm, and she drove away. I stood on the steps for a minute, and saw my dad's car was parked in the yard, I could smell steak, and I couldn't wait to have dinner with him. We always had a strong relationship. I opened the door, and saw him sitting at the table, not the bar stool. His hair was streaked with grey, and when I closed the door, his blue eyes turned and met mine. I smiled when he did, and I took off my shoes. There was a plate across from him that had half a steak, potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots on it. My favourite.

  "Hi Missier!" I said, 'dad' in Maltese. I took my seat across from him, "What's the occasion?" I ask, "Eggs this morning, my favourite, and now my favourite supper?" I say, picking up my fork and stabbing a piece of broccoli, shoving it into my mouth.

  "Jack," he said, "Your mom called and told me about you and Harry." He smiled at me, and I knew he was happy about it. "And I'm very happy and proud of you! Marry him, Jackie!" Broccoli nearly came out my nose, and I grabbed a nearby napkin to cover it up. There was dark green on it. I was wrong, broccoli did come out my nose. I turned red as my dad's laughter boomed throughout the house.

  "Not. A. Word." I said, getting up, and going to to the sink to clean up. He was still laughing when I came back, and I was so embarassed. He would come up with a new nickname for me for sure now.

  "Jackcolli!" He laughs, and I put my face in my hands, because there's so much heat in my face it isn't funny. After he calms down from laughing, "What were we talking about?" He laughs slightly.

  "Harry..." I say, not looking at him, and cutting my steak. I wasn't going near my broccoli. "You know, the boy I'm dating that you actually like!" I smile, feeling happy about that.

  "Oh yes! I wasn't kidding when I said marry him, I think he would actually be a good choice for you when you get older!" I close my eyes, not wanting to think about that, and just chew my steak in peace.

  "Dad, new topic, please?" I beg, and he changes the subject as we both eating, chatting happily.

  After I loaded the dishwasher, I decided to go out with Cassy for a girls night. I had ignored her calls all day, and felt bad about it. I went upstairs and started to look for something to wear. I dialed her familliar number, and she picked up on the 3rd ring, just as I held up a navy blue top with a sweetheart neck, and put it on my bed. "Hey, you little germ! where've you been all day?" She asks casually.