Hopeless

It's 5:30 now, and if I'm going to make it to the concert, I need to go. Now. Harry's fast asleep and I look at him. He looks so... At peace. I interupt that. I shake him furiously, upset he's a heavy sleeper. "Harry! Wake up!" His eyes flutter and I shake him again. Nothing is working. I lean over him and kiss him very hard. His eyes shoot open.

  "Jeez, babe." He says, after pulling me away. "You just had to ask if you wanted to get frisky." He winks.

  "Harry, I have to go!" I say, panicking. "It's a half an hour to Valletta, and it takes me probably half an hour to get ready, and then it's another half hour back to Birkirkira, and if I don't go right now, I'm screwed!" I feel tears coming on.

  "Hey, the show can't go on without me, and I'll be by your side the whole time."

  That doesn't change time. "Let's go!" I say, dragging him off the bed. He stumbles out of the hotel room, and I rush him forward. We get in his car, and I think he speeds for me. I run inside my house, and Harry follows. "Hi Iz, hi dad!" I say, running upstairs, Harry runs after me. I run into my room, and Harry follows, shutting the door. I find the hot pink and black floral dress I bought yesterday and take off my shirt and pants, I feel Harry's hands on my hips and jump, forgetting he was there, he turns me around to face him. In my pink underwear. I'm dying. He leans down and kisses my shoulder. 'I want you,' was the meaning of that spot. Any other time, and I would have let him, but I need to do my make-up, man! "I can't Harry, not now at least. Can you find me something to wear tomorrow if I'm staying at your place tonight?" I point to the closet.

  "Yeah, of course. You need underwear, too, so does that mean I can go through your drawer?" He winks, and I ignore the question, not caring, as I walk into my bathroom. I put on lip gloss and re-do my eyes. I notice some red marks on my face. Previous acne. I dig for concealer in my bag, and find it, I look up and Harry's standing in the doorway. "You don't need that stuff." I put the concealer down, and look at the wall clock. 06:15. I have time to kill... I shrug, and pick it up again, looking at it. "Put it down, babe. You're perfect the way you are, and you have, what? One spot on your face?" I frown.

  "One too many."

  "I love you, now come on. I have your stuff, and I'm ready to party." I put the concealer down and put the stuff Harry picked out for me in my bookbag. Then we leave. Izzy and dad are going to the party because dad helped renovate the school last year and he's taking Izzy as his date. On the way back to Birkirkira, Harry's hair is blowing in the wind and he looks handsome as ever. That and it's only 6:20 when we leave the house, so I won't be caught up in a crowd. Harry looks at me, "Are you drinking at the after party?" I shrug, I've only ever had one drink.

  "Maybe. I'd like to try, you know? I'm 19, it's legal." I laugh, "But my dad's going to be there. I don't really care. He'll be getting watsed, too, I bet."

  "I'll buy your first drink, okay?" He says, reaching for my hand. I take his and nod thinking about the fans. "Don't be scared. The world loves you already." I look at him. He read my freaking mind.

  "I haven't really seen any press?" I question and he smiles.

  "I have." I smile at him, "They asked me about us, and I told them you're the perfect girl for me." I smile at him.

  "You're my everything." I whisper, snuggling close to him and kissing his jaw. He sighs, obviously loving this gesture.

  "We're just about there, and we have time to kill..." He releases my hand and strokes my leg, I swat it away. "I'll wait, once you see me on stage, you know you'll want this." He gestures to himself. I laugh out loud.