Chapter Three - Growing Into It

It's been exactly six weeks since Joy was born. Walter was kind enough to give Happy and Toby ten weeks of maternity/paternity leave. Toby has been taking paternity leave quite well, he has been taking time to do some baby clothes shopping. Toby pokes his head into the nursery and says "Hey Hap, I'm going out I'll be home in an hour". "Ok, bring home diapers" she replies while feeding Joy. Happy gets up form feeding Joy, places her n her back, burps her, lays her down in the crib she made, turns on the mobile Toby made and quietly leaves the room. Happy goes over to the couch, sits down and exhales. Happy feels the couch cushion and smiles. This is the spot where is found out that I was pregnant, this is where my life changed for the better. That moment was a very emotional moment, a feeling Happy has never experienced ever before, she was kinda shocked by her expression.

Toby walks in the door to see Happy and Joy on the baby play mat they have in their living room, their baby proofed living room. Toby walks over to the mat, kisses Happy on her forehead, bends down and picks up Joy. "Look what Daddy got you" he says in his baby voice. Toby pulls out a black fedora out of the baby he brought in and puts it on Joy's head. "Toby she is six weeks old that is way too big for her" Happy states while standing up to meet Toby at eye level. "She'll grow into it" he replies. Right there, that moment will stay in Toby's head forever, his happy family.