Chapter Five - Sound the Alarm

A cool breeze creeps in though the open bedroom along with some sunlight. The smell of burnt toast fills Happy and Toby's bedroom. Happy wakes up to the sound of the smoke alarm, she jolts out of an empty bed and runs down the hall to Joy's room. Happy runs over to see an empty crib, panicking she runs to the kitchen. She runs in to the kitchen, wearing nothing but one of Toby's t-shirts. Happy turns off the alarm than starts to fan away the smoke with dish rag she found on the table. As the smoke clears she sees Toby standing over the sink with a spatula in one hand and a frying pan in the other. "Sorry" he says with the cutest expression on his face, utter most embarrassment. "Where is Joy?" Happy asks sounding a little panicked and confused. Toby turns around and points to Joy in one of those baby carriers strapped to his back. "Why are you wearing our baby as a backpack?" She asks with a chuckle. "What do you mean? It's a baby carrier. I saw it in an unopened baby shower gift in her closet". Happy laughs slightly and says "You have it on backwards, genius" as she goes over and get Joy out of it. "What were you trying to do anyways?" Happy asks as turns off the stove and puts the pan in the sink. "I was making breakfast. But then this little one wanted attention" Toby answers while tickling Joy.