The Fair

Written By: Margaret
Adrien's POV

Nino and Alya were really excited for the fair, or at least that's what I assume they were excited about. I just had this feeling they were planning something, which isn't uncommon, but why would it have involved me and Marrinette? She looked just as confused as me so I assume she was wondering the same thing too. "Adrien!" Nino's voice interrupted my train of thought. "Lets go on all the rides, it's the last day" that was true, I wish I had known about the fair on the first day. They always close a little earlier on the last day to prepare everything to be moved to the next city. I smiled "Of course Nino, that's why we're here isn't it? To have as much fun as possible." Alya popped her head out from behind us "Marinette and I are gonna go get some carnival sweets, we'll catch up with you boys." "Okay" Nino said. I waved at them as they left.

Alya's POV

My plan was going pretty well so far, but the most important part was yet to come. I could barely contain myself. I wanted to help Marrinette, even if it took some work, I was gonna push her in the right direction (sometimes literally). "Ooh look Alya, a crêpe station!" Marrinette said cheerfully. "We didn't come here to get crêpes Marrinette" I told her in my sneaky 'I've got something else in mind' voice. "Wait, what are you planning?!" She panicked. "I should have known... you're going to make tell Adrien that I..." her voice trailed off and there grew and uncomfortable look on her face. I wonder why she hadn't figured that out sooner.

Marrinette's POV

"What do snacks have to do with your plan?" I questioned her, confused. "Absolutely nothing" she said in a calm attitude that said 'trust me.' I wanted to burst. I was mad at Alya but happy to spend time with Adrien and hopefully gather up the courage and tell him how I feel. "Just follow my lead." Suddenly, a blonde annoyance in a yellow cardigan came up to us with her red headed slave. " What are those doing here, Sabrina? What, couldn't stop stalking me cause you can't be like me, Marritrash?" I clenched my fists but I felt a tiny hand tap my side. Tikki just looked at me and shook her head. "For your information Chloe, we're here with-" I cut Alya off "each other because we're real friends who don't control each other" I said awkwardly trying to keep Alya from saying what I think she was saying. I looked over at poor Sabrina who was carrying a giant stuffed bear and several bags of sweets. She looked miserable. "What her? She wanted to carry those." I whispered to Alya, "We can't tell her we're here with Adrien, she'll want to hang around us all day!" "Sorry" replied Alya "Whatever Sabrina, lets go, my daddy told me we could go ice skating and you can put on my skates for me." We gladly left the scene.

Alya's POV

"So... why did we walk around for no reason? We didn't even get snacks." Marrinette asked me, frowning. We rejoined the boys. "The timing had to be just right. We wouldn't want the wrong seat now would we?" Marrinette's cheeks turned red as she saw a seat on the ferris wheel that stood out.

Marrinette's POV

I didn't even notice that we were in line for the ferris wheel. I could feel my face heat up when a seat came up that (unlike all of the normal white seats) was red with pink swirls and white hearts! "You're putting ME on THAT with HIM?!" I pointed to Adrien so that only Alya could see. "Girl, calm down" she told me in a voice laced with amusement. How dare she tell me to calm down! "Nino!" she said out loud so all three friends could hear "lets go together" Alya winked at him and he replied "I'm a little afraid of heights, Alya. Could we go on the next one so I can build up my courage?" "Of course" she said "Adrien, you wouldn't mind going with Marinette instead of Nino on this next ride right?"