Chapter 5

Naya's POV

I woke up early this morning, and started to pack some clothes. For Ricky and I. Demi told me we're allowed to stay the weekend. So I'm packing, just in case. I make sure to get Ricky's favorite toy, and stuffed animal.

"Mommy?" Ricky whined rubbing his eye, looking for me.

"I'm right here baby!" I put our bags down, and walked over to the bed. "What's the matter buddy?"

"I don't feel good." He whines. I place my hand on his forehead, smoothing back some black wavey hair. I use the back of my hand to feel his forehead.

"Awwe, buddy your burning up. Where does it hurt?"

"My tummy, and head..." He snuggles into my neck resting his head there. I place a hand on his back and reach for my phone.

"Hey, babe!" Demi beams through the phone.

"Hey." I smile
"What's wrong?"
"I don't think I'll be able to come today, I'm sorry." I confess.
"What? Why, what happened?"
"Ricky had a fever and-"
"So bring him over, I have a few tricks up my sleeve, for sick people." She chuckles.
"Are you sure? I don't to get you sick-"
"Naya?"
"Yes?"
"Bring him over.." She giggles, and I laugh along too.
"Okay, okay see you soon."
"MWUAH!!" She makes kissy noises through the phone, I giggle and hang up.

"Ricky, baby? Do you want to go to Demi's house today?"

"Demi?"

"Mmhhmm." I nod rubbing his back.

"Yes, mommy!" He says sickly excited.

"Okay, Nana is going to watch you while I go to school. Or do you want me to stay?" I ask him smoothing out his hair. He tightens his grip around my neck.

"Mommy stay!" He mumbles in my neck.

"Okay mommy will stay." I rub his back some more and he loosens his grip. "How about you lay down, and I finish packing then make you something to eat?" He nods and I lay him down, I clean up my room. After I'm done cleaning up, and packing I go downstairs. I find my mom in the kitchen.

"Morning Mama!" I kiss her cheek.

"Morning baby girl, why aren't you at school??"

"Ricky is sick, and he doesn't want me to leave." I shrug pulling out some chicken soup.

"Okay, I understand you were the same way when you were little." She chuckles. "I remember when your father use to come home-"

"Mama please, don't being him up.." I shiver.

"Right, I'm sorry baby girl. Sometimes I just- forget..."

"I know, I know." I pull her in for a hug, and kiss her cheek. .

"Okay, let me get my trouble makers food before he cones downstairs whining about it." I chuckle wiping some tears from her cheeks.

"Mommy!!!!" Rick whines from my bedroom.

"See." I giggle.

"Naya?" I turn back around to my mother. "Your doing an amazing job with raising Ricky. I love how strong you are, and how far you've come. I'm glad to call you my daughter. I love you." She sniffles wiping a tear away again.

"I love you too Mama, I'm happy your my mother." I walk back to her and kiss her cheek.

After I'm done feeding Ricky, I start a bath for him.