Chapter 3

Demi's POV

As we walk up to the house, Naya starts to look hesitant.

"Uh ya' know what? On second thought I think I'll just do it by myself." She says looking at the door, and then back to be.

"Are you sure. I can help, please Naya. I want you to do better!" I say, I really want to spend time with her. Even if it is only to study. I'll take what I can get.

"Fine!" She huffs and starts to open the door. "But I have to tell you, I'm a-"

"MOMMY!!!" A about 3 year-old boy came running to Naya. "I missed you mommy!" Wait Huh? She has a kid?

"I missed you too buddy!" She smiles happily kissing his cheek. She then turns to me, and I stand there shocked.

"D-Demi? Are you okay?" She asks scared of what I might say.

"Y-yea, I um... I didn't know you had a k-kid." I admit.

"Uh, it just never came up." She shrugs. "C'mon, since your here might as well tell my mom." She rolls her eyes, and grabs my hand intertwining our fingers. "Mama!"

"In here sweetheart!"

"Mama, this is my teacher. Miss. Lovato! Or Demi." Her mother turns around surprised, at what her daughter has just said.

"Oh, so this is her?" Her mother asks. Her? What does she mean by her?

"Mamaaa!" Naya whines turning extra pink.

"Mommy, why are your cheeks pink?" The little boy asks, making her turn a darker pink into red.

"I have to say Naya, she is more prettier than you said!" Her mother winks at me, and I turn pink this time. "OKAY! Demi let's go before I turn into a tomato!" Naya pulls me up the stairs.

"Too late." I wink at her, and she bites her lip rolling her eyes. We walk into her room, and she sets the little boy on her bed. And goes into the bathroom.

"Who are you?" The little boy asks.

"My name is Demi. What's yours?"

"I'm Ricky!" He smiles widely, it reminds me of Naya's smile.

Naya's POV

I come out of the bathroom, and find Demi and Ricky playing on the floor with Lego's. Their giggling, and building, knocking them down. Demi looks up from the ground giggling, and winks at me.

"Come play Mommy!" Ricky exclaims.

"Mommy has to do work." He pouts.

"But you promised Mommy!" He crosses his arms over his chest.

"I know, baby. But I'll finish quickly okay. Then as soon as I'm done, I'll play all night long!"

"But I wanna play now!"

"I'll play with him for a little babe. Just call me over when you need help." Demi chuckles. Wait- did she just call me Babe? Holy shit I'm going to die. My cheeks turn a bright red, I nod and go to sit at my desk. After 10 minutes, I get stuck on a problem.

"Dem?"

"Yea what's wrong?"

"I don't understand this." I point to the question. I watch her as she reads it, furrowing her eyebrows at the question.

"Well..." I zone out looking at her lips move with every word.
"I want to kiss you." I say in my head.

"Then do it." She whispers.

"Huh? You h-heard that?"

"Just do it!" She leans in cupping on side of my face. Our lips meet and move in sync.

"Mommy! You stole my play buddy!" Ricky yells tugging on my shirt. We pull apart, our foreheads leaning on each others.

"I'm sorry, buddy. I just couldn't help myself." Naya shrugs giggling a little.

"Don't worry Ricky I'm coming back." I assure him, he comes over and wraps his body around my leg. "I hope you understand the question better now." I wink.

"Trust me, I do." She chuckles, and goes back to working. I wobble over to the Lego's with Ricky on my leg.

"Demi, are you staying for dinner?" Ricky asks, playing with my hands.

"I don't know, if your mommy lets me. Maybe." He nods his head, and I feel hands on my shoulders sliding down to my waist.

"You can stay-"

"Yay!" Ricky screams.

"Only if Nana says she can."

"Nana?" Ricky says, and Naya nods her head.

"Go ask!" She shoos him.

"Nana, Nana, Nana!!" He yells running through the house.

"He's really cute." I tell her, she nods and sits on my lap.

"Not as cute as you." She winks, and I giggle.

"No I think he's cuter." I protest.

"Well, I disagree." Naya leans closer.

"Yeah?" She nods biting her lip.

"Yeah.." She replies and then our lips meet. My stomach erupts into a million butterflies. I tangle my fingers into her hair, and she wraps her legs around my waist.

"W-what is this? Us, I mean." She pants after we pull apart from the kiss.

"What do you w-want it to be?"

"Something... I mean you are my teacher so it would have to be..."

"Private? I'm fine with it." I kiss her cheek.

"Mommy, mommy?!"

"What happen Ricky?"

"Nana said that Demi can stay !!!"

"Really!?!" She says acting surprised. He nods eagerly and the. Runs back downstairs.

"Ya' know he's really smart for a 3 year-old. Your doing a great job with him!" I compliment her.

"Thank you." She blushes.

Hey,,my beauties!!! So I've finished this chapter. What do you think? Do you want a part with the dinner? Do you want Naya to tell her mom at the dinner? How do you want Naya's mom to react? Okay I'm going, I love you all. Thank you for all the reads and support!!!

~Essence