Chapter 2: Lost

We began walking back to the line up. Negan's arm was draped around my shoulders as he glanced around attentively. As for me, I held a blank stare. My thoughts were all in a haze. Years ago I had accepted that I was the last one in my family.

We were separated in the very beginning. That horrible day that a lot of people wish had never happened.

But when I least expected it, my hope was restored. Abraham. I couldn't believe I didn't recognize him right away. Many people thought we were twins. The red hair was unmistakable for most. But not me.

I used to be so close to him because we were so much alike. Maybe I didn't recognize him... because I can't recognize myself anymore.
-
We eventually made it back to everyone else. They were all in hysterics as they moved my brothers body. Before I could get a good look of what remained, Negan pulled me into his chest.

He placed a kiss on the top of my head. "He was your brother wasn't he?"

I responded with a nod and instant tears. I wrapped my arms around him, hoping to find some warmth.

Once the body was taken care of, Negan pulled away and took me over to his truck. "I'm sorry," he told me. His expressions showed that he was being truthful, but I had no forgiveness to give.

Negan sighed after I didn't say anything. "Stay in the truck while I deal with this." He opened the door and I climbed like he ordered.

I watched out of the windshield as Negan became almighty once more. His words were muffled but I could watch their faces. The Alexandrians looked petrified and hopeless. The man who I assumed was the leader, had painfully red eyes. He looked the most distraught out of everyone. He was quivering and flinching at Negan's words.

Suddenly, his icy blue eyes connected with mine. I instantly felt a ping of guilt and glanced down.

I began to think about their situation. They probably thought they were on top of the world. But they definitely fucked with the wrong people.

I fell into a trance with my thoughts once again. I pulled out of them by a collective yell. My attention snapped up to see a man with longer hair being shoved into a van. He looked very dirty and worn.

He's being taken by us.

The rest of the group was quickly put back into place as Negan began twirling Lucille around again.

Eventually, Negan said a some final remarks and started towards the trucks. All the other Saviors dispersed aswell, leaving the Alexandrians kneeling on the gravel.

Once inside, Negan started up the vehicle and drove off. I watched as a cloud of dirt flew into the air behind us. I then directed my attention to the trees the passed by in a blur. The silence grew thick but I didn't want to break it.

"Babe, are you okay?" Negan asked as he glanced over to me. He took his hand off of the steering wheel and placed it on my thigh. But I immediately pulled away.

"What do you think?" I stated coldly. My gaze never fell from the view out of the window. It was all I had to distract myself.

"I'll take that as a fucking no," Negan huffed. He readjusted his hands on the steering wheel, twitching from the tension.

I bit my lip, trying to keep in the tears and screams that we're going through my mind. I was pissed, upset, depressed, anxious. Everything. All mixed into a steamy pot of lost.

"I wouldn't have killed him if I had known," Negan murmured. And that was the trigger.

"You shouldn't have killed anyone!" I growled. My stare was then directed to Negan who looked shocked. "What the fuck is wrong with you people?! Killing! That's all you do! You don't kill people to fix things Negan!"

"Well how else was I supposed to make them understand?!" He retorted. His volume was quickly picking up. "They killed hundreds of my motherfucking people! Do you want me to just stand back and fucking watch? I think the fuck not Lily." Negan ran a hand through his hair and tensed his jaw.

"Well that is where you need to be the bigger fucking person. Besides, I thought we were called the 'Saviors' not 'Let's-Kill-Everyone-That-Fucking-Defies-Us'." I pulled my arms across my chest and looked back at the road.

Negan pulled out his walkie-talkie and jammed his finger into the button. "Keep going," he said in a stern voice. He then dropped the device and turned sharply off the road.

I grabbed onto the door and seat, almost flying out because of the quick movement. I watched as everyone else continued on as we ran into the ditch. "Oh, so now you are gonna kill me? Fucking fantastic." I said as I threw my hands in the air.

Negan took a long and deep breath. "No, I'm not going to kill you. I pulled over so we both don't die in a wreck while we are arguing," he said in a much calmer tone.

"Well then unlock the doors and let me out," I said as I pulled on the handle.

"I'm not letting you out, damnit! We are in the middle of nowhere." Negan told me as he placed a hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down.

"No, asshole! Get the fuck off of me and let me out! You are not keeping me hostage like that one guy." I shoved his hand off and reached for his door to unlock mine.

Negan forcefully grabbed both of my hands and pushed them towards the dashboard. "Fucking quit!" He yelled, anger ringing through the words. We both glared at each other. I felt my face heat up in aggression while Negan's lips pushed into a a thin, aggravated line. I eventually gave up and flung myself into my seat.

"We are Saviors. We help people as much as we can. But, when they kill our people for no goddamn reason, we kill back to make it even. Fuck, they killed hundreds and I've only killed 1. And I'm really fucking sorry about it. I should've known by the hair and the stubborn ass attitude. He was the only one that wasn't submitting like the others so I killed him."

The air in the truck was thick and hot. The only sound was our heavy breathing and our uncomfortable tapping. Megan leaned forward and pinched the bridge of his nose. Meanwhile, my foot began tapping on the floor.

"And that hostage guy?" I asked, my arms crossed tightly and my bottom lip between my teeth.

"We are keeping him to keep everyone else in check. If they fuck up again, which they would have to be complete pricks if they haven't learned by now, then we threaten his life. Besides, he seems different compared to the others. We can use him at the base if he realizes what's best for him." After a few moments of silence, Negan pulled out of the ditch. The rest of the ride was consumed with heavy breathing and harsh thinking.