Chapter 7: Enough

The ride back to the sanctuary was quiet. Too quiet. We were the last truck so we followed the rest of the crew. I would often look over to Negan and find him stealing glances aswell. But it wasn't a looking at my girl Look. No it wasn't that. It was more of a preoccupied glance.

"Negan," I start. I wait for him to give me a quick glance. "What's happening? We never follow everyone. We're normally in the middle of the pack."

I watch his jaw tighten and release into a smirk. He grabs the walker talkie off the dashboard and radios in. "Pull off anytime now." We begin to slow down and pull off the road like the other trucks in front of us.

"Negan. Seriously, what are we doing?" I ask him again, but with an exasperated tone. He gets out of the truck and my temper diminishes even faster.

"Alright boys, like we discussed before. Pull them off to the side and light em up!" The Saviors almost move in sync and start opening up a truck. It was filled with mattresses. Light em up?

I walk up to Negan and grab his arm from behind. He quickly whips around with his prick façade on. "Are you kidding me? You're going to burn these mattresses?!"

"That's what it looks like," he says as he turns away. But I don't allow it and storm in front of him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? It's one thing to steal mattresses and actually use them, but just burn them?! You're fucking sick."

I watched Negan's eyes as he snapped back to reality. His emotions did a full 180°. He grabbed my shoulders and the smirk on his face was gone. I pushed back but he was much stronger as he nearly picked me up and guided me behind the trucks.

"Oh great, are you gonna kill me next?" I asked him as I swatted his hands off my shoulders.

He stepped back and ran a hand through his hair. "Lily, calm down."

"Calm down?! You are a complete asshole. We are trying to get them to work for us and you just burn their belongings for no fucking reason?" My voice quickly rises to a shout.

"Let me explain," Negan said as he tried to grab for my hand. But I backed away.

"No. You couldn't explain to me while we were in the truck so why should I let you now?" I turned my back to him and started to walk into the woods.

"What are you doing," he called after me. But I didn't hear him following. So I kept walking. After a few trees passed I began to hear his loud thumps behind me.

"Lily," he said as he got to my side. "You're not helping anything right now."

I stopped in my tracks and looked dead in his eyes. "Ex-fucking-xactly. I don't want any part in you or the Saviors being a dick. I made friends with a few of the Alexandrians today because that's how you get people to help you. Not destroying their shit for the hell of it."

Negan shook his head and looked away. "That's not going to work Lily. We need them to be scared of us. We can't have them jumping out of line and trying to defy us."

"You mean you. There is no us if you're going to be this way. They're already scared Negan. Scared and pissed off. Why don't you see that," I explained to him.

"I do see it but it's not enough," as soon as he finishes, I jump back in.

"It is enough. And I've had enough." I turned my back on him once more. I start to make my way into the woods again.

"Lily. Come on. What are you doing?"

"Getting away from you and your dumbass thinking. You're gonna have to try harder to persuade me. I've lived out here on my own, I'll be perfectly fine." Deep down, I wanted him to fall off his high horse and persuade me. But he didn't. This time he doesn't stop me. All I hear is the crunching of leaves beneath my feet, and the stomping his boots gave off as he went in the opposite direction.

I didn't care. I needed to get away from him. He wasn't the same. This isn't the Negan I grew to love. He's so much more clear headed and considerate. But this. This is a sadistic asshole who ruins things with no remorse. I've had enough.

{a much shorter chapter compared to the long one we had before. This one involves the thing that really drives me to hate Negan. Him killing Glenn and burning their mattresses for no damn reason.}