Versus Velocity and Veracity

Veronica's POV

Veracity has officially agreed to join the team. She was taking over Harris's job, the defense.

Right we were training with a simulation, so I didn't have anything to do except watch Ryan get his butt kicked.

"Guys! Guys! We're getting our butts handed to us!" Ryan groaned.

"Okay, not to self, wash hands after battle." I heard Spyder note.

"We're losing the ventral armor. I gotta go secure it." Mark informed us, before climbing down the ladder.

The monster went to attack us. "Harris! Harris! Shields!" Ryan exclaimed.

"I've got you covered, Desmond." Veracity assured, annoyed.

I laughed at the nickname.

"Desmond? Well, I've been calling you Ryan for what, 13 years now?" Spyder spoke up, offended. "Why did you not say something?"

Ryan sighed, "Sorry, sorry, Veracity, habit."

Veracity didn't seem convinced. "Yup."

Ryan punched the monster away to by some time.

"Okay, Spyder, arm cannon, and then I'll follow up with--" Ryan got cut off by all the power shutting down. "The robot won't respond."

"My panel's dead, too." Spyder informed.

"We lost power!" I exclaimed. The monster roared running up to us and was about to knock us out until a cartoon version of Harris came up.

"Bam. Simulation over. Bam. Welcome to Scraptown, y'all. Yo." Harris's voice told us.

"Well, that stunk." Ryan commented, unbuckling the bounce belt. I climbed down from the ladder.

"At least Harris' simulation program worked okay." I pointed out, going over to Spyder's panel.

I heard Mark come back up, "Anybody else get an animated Harris mocking them on their Mech-Link?"

"Since he's been injured, he's had a lot of free time." Spyder explained.

"I don't get it. Why did we lose power?" Ryan asked, confused.

"Uh, yeah, I think this is one me." Veracity told us, "I figured out how to extend the shields and keep the monster further away."

"Seems like a great idea to me, yeah." Spyder complimented.

I folded my arms, sighing.

"Which is our first clue that it was a bad idea." Mark translated.

"Well, I mean, I needed the extra power to extend the shields, and I guess it took if from you systems. My bad." Veracity continued, feeling guilty.

"It was a great idea, but you have to tell us so we can work as a team." I notified her.

"I was just trying to win." She reasoned.

"We were all trying to win. These simulations are to help you learn to work with us, but you gotta work with us-"

I placed my hand on Ryan's shoulder, "Hey, she get it. She gets it, Ry."

Ryan sighed, gave me a small smile.

"Hey guys. How'd the simulation go?" Harris popped up on the monitor.

We joined up at Veracity's panel.

"Well, spectacular. She was great, uh.." Spyder began. "I mean, of course, you're great, too. It's still your chair. It's uh-- You're just injured."