A Stydia/Stalia Lovestory part 3

After school Lydia walked up to the lacrosse field and sat on the bleachers, she thought about the time Stiles saved her life and the time he won the lacrosse championship. Although it was just a year ago, it felt like another lifetime. She watched as the team ran out onto the field, and then she saw him. As Stiles ran out onto the lacrosse field he looked up and saw Lydia, he froze in place as he thought of the championship game and how hearing Lydia's voice had helped him win that night, and how seeing her face had made him feel like anything was possible. His eyes were locked with hers in a deep gaze, and then she smiled, and it made his heart melt, but at the same time, break. Even as the team lined up he couldn't stop looking at Lydia.

"Stilinski!" Coach shouted, while blowing his whistle straight in Stiles's ear, breaking his focus on Lydia. "Get in line before I drag you out there by your toes!"

Stiles ran up to the lineup, he turned to look at Lydia one more time, but she was gone.

The next day at lunch, Lydia saw Stiles and Malia sitting together and holding hands, she sat down beside Scott and Kira.

"Lydia? Are you ok?" Scott asked sounding deeply concerned.

"I'm fine." she said, "I mean why wouldn't I be, what reason do I have to not be fine, ya I'm good, I'm great."

Lydia replied sarcastically. Scott looked at her laughed, and said "Give him time, Stiles will come around."

Lydia looked up at him and smiled. "Am I that obvious?"

"Lydia, you and Stiles have been obvious for about a year now! Everyone else was just waiting for you to figure that out."

"Well I guess I figured that out too late." she said as she looked across the cafeteria at Stiles, who was kissing Malia.

"Lydia, listen to me." Scott said as he took her hand in his, "I know he's with with Malia now, but trust me there's no way he's stopped loving you, the way he's been constantly talking about you for almost 10 years now, the way he always makes sure I watch over you, the way he freaks out whenever something happens to you, that kinda love never dies."

Lydia looked at Scott wide eyed and opened mouthed, took a deep breath and asked "Love?"

A panicked look appeared on Scotts face, he looked at Kira then back at Lydia "Oh, did I say love, I didn't mean to say that, he doesn't love you, I mean of course Stiles loves you, not like that, but, oh crap!"

"He loves me? Lydia asked as her beautiful smile returned to her face, she hadn't smiled since the day she saw Stiles and Malia together.

"Lydia, I shouldn't have said that." Scott said as he a worried look appeared on his face. "Stiles, he's my best friend and if he knows I told you that, he'd freak!"

It's ok Scott, I won't tell him, It's just all this time I thought Stiles was with Malia because he didn't care about me anymore, but I was wrong, there may be hope for us yet." Lydia said as she walked out of the cafeteria, taking one last look at Stiles, the man, who now held her heart. Stiles saw Lydia from across the room, and for another second they were looking at each other like they were the only two people in the world. As he jumped out of his seat he turned to Malia and said "Give me a second I'll be right back."

Stiles followed Lydia down the hallway and when he finally caught up to her, he called out her name.

"Lydia, wait!"

"Stiles? What is it? What are you doing here?"

"Lydia, you asked me that day, if we could go back to being friends, well is that offer still on the table?"

For a moment Lydia was silent she remembered what Scott had told her, and then she spoke. "We can be friends Stiles, if that's what you want, it's like I said, I need you in my life, whether it's as a friend or, something more." As Lydia spoke Stiles noticed a tear roll down her eye.

"Lydia." Stiles said with a heavy heart, he looked at her and all he wanted to do was run up to her an kiss her, but before he could say anything else Lydia walked up to him and gently placed a kiss on his cheek, then, without saying a word, she walked away, because she knew if she looked at him any longer, her heart truly would break.