A Stydia/Stalia Lovestory part 4

Later that day after lacrosse practice was over and the team had left the locker room, Scott found Stiles sitting on the ground, leaning against a row of lockers. He walked up to him and sat beside him on the floor.

"Stiles, everything ok man?" Scott asked as the concern in his voice grew.

"I'm fine Scott."

"Stiles, I've known you long enough to tell when you're lying, now come on, tell me."

"I don't know Scott, it's just this whole thing with Lydia and Malia, I don't know what to do, I feel so, lost."

"Well if you ask me girl trouble sounds a lot easier than dealing with a Kanima or an Alpha pack." Scott said laughing.

"Trust me at this point, I think I'd take the Kanima." Stiles said as he turned to Scott and smiled.

"But seriously man, you've got two girls who care about you so much so why do you feel lost?"

Stiles looked around him and smiled a little.

"You know, I never told you this but, this was the place where Lydia kissed me for the first time, even though it was just to stop a panic attack, it felt like so much more."

Scott chuckled, "Good for you Stiles, I guess you finally had your dream come true, so then why Malia?"

"It's complicated Scott, when I told Lydia how I felt she wasn't ready, so I guess, I just ended up with Malia because, I knew she cared about me." Stiles said as his smile slowly began to fade. "But now she is and I don't know what to do, I care about Malia a lot, I feel like we have this connection but, Lydia is, she's Lydia, she's the girl I've been in love with for as long as I can remember."

"Stiles, if there's one thing I've learnt after everything that's happened is that, you have to take advantage of these moments in life, these people, i know you love Lydia, so you need to tell her that, and you need to grab this chance at love while you still can, because life is fleeting, and you never know what will happen next." Scott said as he tried to hold back the tears in his eyes, but one of them got away and rolled down his cheek. Stiles saw this and immediately grabbed his best friend and hugged him. A tear appeared in Stiles's eye as he turned to Scott and said "Scott I honestly don't know how I would survive without you sometimes." As his voice started to choke up Stiles looked at the ground then back at Scott, you could see the pain in his eyes as he said "I know I've said it a million times before but, I'm sorry Scott, what happened to Allison was my fault."

"And like I've told you a million times, it wasn't your fault Stiles, nothing that happened is your fault." Scott said as he patted his best friend on his back with a smile. "If at all what happened to you is my fault, that all happened because I brought the supernatural into your life, so I'm sorry Stiles."

Stiles laughed, "Dude when are you gonna get it, you're my brother Scott, we're a team, you may have brought the supernatural into my life but it's like I told you, we'll get through it together." Stiles said as he looked at his friend and smiled, Scott shook his head and smiled, and then they just sat there together, in the peaceful silence.

That night Malia was in Stiles's room, they were making out on his bed. Stiles held her close to him, he lay her down on the bed and kissed her, she gently cupped his face, and kissed him back. He looked down at her, and in that moment he realised, It wasn't real. Then just as things started to heat up between them, Stiles stopped and looked Malia in the eye.

"Stiles, what's the matter?" Malia asked looking upset. Stiles sat up on the bed, took a deep breath and said "Malia, I, I can't do this anymore, it's not fair to you." Stiles said as a worried look appeared on his face.

"Stiles, what are you talking about?" Malia asked looking confused and shocked at the same time.

" I care about you soo much Malia, and I can't keep doing this to you, but I just don't think I feel the same way about you." He felt terrible, but he knew it had to be done, "It's just I don't see this, us going anywhere." he looked at Malia, with an expression of guilt, and sadness, dreading what came next.

"Because of Lydia." Malia said smiling.

"What?" Stiles asked looking shocked.

"Stiles, I may have been a coyote for 8 years, but I'm not stupid." Malia said with a small laugh.

Stiles looked at her with a puzzled look on his face and asked, "What are you talking about?"

"I've seen the way you look at Lydia, and the way she looks at you, you love her."

Stiles sat there with his mouth wide open and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but at the same time, he felt relief. "What? How did you know?"

"Stiles it's obvious there's something between you and Lydia, and even if there wasn't, you want there to be."

"Malia, I'm sorry." Stiles said looking her in the eye.

"Stiles, it's alright, trust me, I don't want to be the one who stands in between two people who really love each other."

"Wow." Stiles said looking at her with a look of amazement, "That was not what I expected." he said with a sigh of relief.

"Well what did you expect Stiles?"

"To be honest, I thought you might scratch my face of with your coyote claws." Stiles said as he let out a small laugh. Malia shook her head and laughed as well.

"Thank you Malia."

"What for?" she asked.

"For understanding, I just hope there's no hard feelings." Stiles said smiling.

Malia moved closer to Stiles and kissed him on his lips, she smiled and said, "Stiles, I care about you to and I want you to be happy, you deserve it, now go get her, go get Lydia."