A Stydia/Stalia love story

It had been a week since Allisons funeral, Lydia was sitting in her bedroom holding one of Allisons arrow heads in her hand, remembering her best friend. There was a knock on the door, it was Stiles.
"Hey, Lydia, I just wanted to come see how you were doing"
"I'm fine Stiles, you don't have to check up on me every single day"
"I know but, I wanted to" he said as he sat beside her on her bed.
"Stiles,why do you, check up on me I mean, everyday for the past week you've been here, even though your best friend is hurting just as much"
"Lydia, I think you know why"
"Stiles, don't"
"No Lydia I have to say it, just once. I wanna be with you, I have for a long time and you know that, and I know it's complicated and that things might not work out but I'm willing to take the risk for you"
"Stiles why did you have to do that?" Lydia exclaimed as she started to tear up. "Things between us were fine the way it is, why did you have to ruin it?"
"Ruin it?" Stiles asked with a hint of anger in his voice. "How is telling you I have feelings for you running it? Lydia there is something between us and you know it, but you keep hiding from the truth!"
"Im just not there yet! Im not in the place you want me to be!" Lydia blurted out as she jumped up from the bed.
"We'll do you think you will ever be?" Stiles said standing up. "Lydia I can wait however long-"
"No" Lydia interrupted. "Stiles, I'm just not ready"
For a moment they were both silent and then Stiles spoke.
"Oh, well then I'm sorry, I guess I'll just, goodbye Lydia"
"No Stiles wait, I still need you in my life, can we please just go back to being friends?"
"I don't think we can Lydia, not after this, it'll be too painful"and with that Stiles turned around, and walked away.

Three days later Lydia was sitting alone in her room, but this time it wasn't Allison she was thinking of, it was Stiles. She thought of the time her best friend had set her up,with Stiles. How he took her to the dance and told her she looked beautiful, and how they had fun together at the ice skating rink. She thought of the many times she felt a connection to him more than anyone else. The more she thought of Stiles, the more she realised what a mistake she had made.

A few minutes later, Lydia loudly knocked on Stiles door, he opened it and stood there looking surprised.
"Lydia? What are you doing here?"
"I'm sorry for what I said the other day, I was just scared"
"Lydia you know how I felt about you, why would it be such a surprise?"
" Because I've never heard you say it out loud"
"Lydia there's something I have to tell you-"
"No Stiles let me go first, I feel the same way about you, but I was too scared to admit it, Stiles I wanna be with you to"
"Hey what's going on out here?" Lydia looked surprised, she looked inside to see who had spoken.
It was Malia. She was emerging from Stiles's room, wearing his lacrosse jersey.