10

Song at the top: Hozier - It Will Come Back 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nancy

Banishing Coincidence 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

For reference, when characters are conversing through text Nancy is always in plain italics, and Will is always in BOLD ITALICS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always, Nancy returned home to an empty house that evening after retrieving her belongings from Sarah's. The note she had written to inform her mum of her where about's remained in the exact place she had left it, a brown tea ring on the bottom corner of it being the only indication that her mother had even been home.

It was with sadness that she realized she hadn't even received a single message or call checking up on her, though she assumed her mother, being the busy woman that she was, just hadn't made any time. Even on the weekend, her mum was busy working, snatching up all the available shifts at the hospital as she could so she could earn more money.

She wouldn't be home alone for long, she knew. A smile rose to her lips at the very thought of the return of one of her brothers. Harry, much like her, was studying at University but had opted to go to one at the other end of the country, so as to be as far away from his hometown as possible. Her other brother, James, was currently in New Zealand, living a life of luxury doing the thing he loved.

She missed both her brothers. They made the place she lived home, and while she had company she didn't have to think about how empty the place was with just her to occupy it. They brought life to the empty shell of a home she had lived in all her life, something she was incapable of doing.

She couldn't stand the silence within the house, so she swiftly made her way up to her room, purposefully walking with heavy footsteps so as to fill the house with some noise.

when she finally entered her room after a day of being away and closed the door behind her, relief flooded through her. It was the only place at home that she felt fully at ease.

The first thing she did was walk over to her laptop and switch it on, then she dropped her large overnight bag on the floor, shed off her coat and hung it over the back of her desk chair, and sat down to pull off her shoes. She discarded them at the foot of her bed.

She took her time searching through her music collection before settling on some Wolf Alice. She turned it up to a volume she was happy with, grabbed her book off of the desk where she had left it, and settled down on her bed for an evening of relaxed reading.

Hours had passed and the sun had long since gone down when she heard the front door open and close, alerting her of her mum's return from work. She heard some rustling around in the kitchen before a pair of footsteps began making their way up the stairs, and the sound of a door closing echoed through the house.

She heaved a sigh and shuffled about on her stacked pillows so that she could get comfortable before sinking back into the world of Wonderland.