27

Song at the top: Taylor Swift - Haunted 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nancy

This Is Dangerous

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nancy had decided that now was better than never, and had practically dragged Will up to the studios as soon as he had said yes, but she hadn't anticipated how nervous she would be as she sat in front of him.

He looked so relaxed that she was jealous- it was if he was a natural at posing; he sat leaned back in the chair, straight-backed but still giving off an air of ease and casualness. His hands rested in his lap, and one leg was stretched out before him, while the other was propped leisurely on the bar running across the bottom of the chair. He'd taken off his hat and had tied his hair up loosely, allowing for strands of it to frame his face. His head was turned slightly to the left, and his eyes seemed to be surveying something she couldn't see.

Her heart was thumping in her chest, and her hands were shaking slightly, making it more difficult to hold her paintbrush than usual.

"Um... I suppose I should warn you," Will's eyes snapped towards her when she spoke, making her voice falter. She gave a small cough. "It probably won't look like you."

"Okay." He spoke softly with a small nod, making Nancy's heart rate skyrocket.

This is dangerous, she realised. 

She gave him a week smile and went about prepping her workstation. Her paints were spread out neatly along with her brushes, along with some water and a palette, but as she was preparing, she no longer wanted to paint.

Being able to paint Will Prescott in colour was something of a dream she had been harboring for a while now, but she wasn't all that great of a painter when it came to life drawing. She much preferred pencils whenever it came to drawing people. There was more control and much less mess. 

She hesitated, a paintbrush in her hand, staring down at the row of colours she couldn't actually see before her. If she painted him, who knows what it would look like. She had never felt so annoyed about being colourblind before now. 

With a sigh, she dropped the paintbrush onto the desk and picked up her bag, rummaging around for her pencil case, dreams of being able to create a visual representation of Will's astonishing hair colour being pushed back by the need to do him justice. 

Once she found her pencil case, she drew out her favourite mechanical pencil, an eraser, and an HB pencil that was so used it was almost non-existent, and placed them neatly on the desk. She picked up her nearly empty sketchbook off of the floor and opened it to a blank page before getting comfortable in her seat. 

Upon looking up, she realised that Will was too far away for her liking, and with a blush rising onto her cheeks, she gave a small cough, averting her gaze when Will's eyes snapped towards her yet again.

"Can you move a little closer?" she asked, her fingers fiddling with the spiral binding of her sketchbook. Will blinked and then gave a short nod before shuffling his chair closer, looking at her every now and again until she gave a sign that he was close enough. 

Her fidgeting got more frantic as she realised just how close he was. She could see the light reflecting of individual strands of hair, a light dusting of freckles along the bridge of his nose, and a slight flush to his cheeks. 

The notion that Will could be as nervous as she was at that moment in time was somewhat absurdly comforting, but at the same time, it made her feel even more nervous.

"I'm going to start now." Her voice came out a lot louder than planned and echoed around the empty studio space, making both her and Will flinch.

"Sorry." She mumbled, her face heating up. She cast her eyes downwards at her sketchbook and grabbed her pencil off of the table, her shaking hands making it difficult to grip comfortably. 

After a shaky start, she started to feel much more relaxed, but she avoided any eye contact with Will just to be sure. She began making light conversation as she sketched out the proportions of Will's face roughly.

"I'll try to be quick. I realised I didn't actually ask you if you had any free time." She muttered as she glanced quickly up at Will's face to examine the shape of his eyes. Thankfully he was looking elsewhere. 

"I've got time, but I'm sorry if I fall asleep- I didn't really get much sleep last night." He replied.

Nancy had noticed the bags under his eyes when he had moved closer. "Even more reason to be faster then." she smiled a little to herself.

Once the rough sketch was complete, she held the sketchbook away from herself and up towards Will to check the proportions. Once happy, she picked up her HB pencil and began adding detail, starting with his eyes. 

she had underestimated just how intimate her unplanned life drawing session was going to be. She had done life drawing before, only the model had been at a distance from her so she hadn't been able to draw in detail.

And, she hadn't had feelings for Jenny the life drawing model. That fact was key.

she only hoped Will didn't look at her now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi all!

Chapters are going to be a lot shorter until I get back into the swing of things. Even though they are a lot shorter, I hope they give you enough reason to keep coming back!

This chapter was difficult to write, but fun nonetheless. I can really relate to Nancy's artistic side, so it's a lot easier to picture than most things.

ANYWAY, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, drop me a comment or a vote- either is much appreciated!

Thank you!!

~B~