❝ Chapter IV. The Nurse ❞

・ ・ ・ ・

・ ・ ・ ・

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓝𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮

IVONNE'S BEDROOMApril 10, 1912

IVONNE'S BEDROOM
April 10, 1912

          A writer's mind is a vast plethora of alternate worlds one cannot comprehend at first touch. It never stops forming new ideas, new plots, and new characters in which they take inspiration from their own reality. Some may find this exhausting, but for Ivonne, she uses the full power of words to compensate for the lack of thrill her life gives.

         The moonlight shines through the small, gold-engraved window, illuminating the room with its ethereal glow, creating a somber atmosphere. Ivonne, on the other hand, feels the opposite. Her fingers holds the dip pen with a sense of determination, furiously scribbling on her sketchpad as she squeezes every bit of inspiration out of her head. With her heart pulsing inside her chest, the young woman finally feels overjoyed.

         A rapping on the door halts Ivonne's movement, turning to glare on the figure behind the door for plunging her out of her world. "Bon? Can I come in?"

         Her eyes softens when she hears the familiar melodic voice of her older sister, Tabitha. Sighing, Ivonne opens the small drawer of her table and withdraws a bronze key, bracing herself from another string of questions that always come whenever a panic attack happens. "Just a moment!"

         Tabby, as the Kline Siblings like to call her, is an angel in the brunette's eyes. Compassionate and kind to everyone she meets, helpful to those in need, a wonderful role model to her sisters and brothers, Tabby Kline is everything you wanted to be. Despite her job as a nurse in a prestigious hospital back in England, she never fails to give her time to each of her siblings, serving as a listener of their individual problems and adviser of some sorts. Her natural warmth is a trait some yearns for, and the reason why Ivonne feels a sense of calmness in her presence.

         The first thing Ivonne sees is the smile of her sister as she opens the door to let her in, before looking down to what she is holding and soon follows suit. A glass of milk resides on the hands of Tabitha, along with a plate of few slices of butter-filled wheat bread. "Is this your new way of bribing?" She jokes, eyes twinkling.