Chapter 19- Gathering The Facts

Sorry about the wait!!!!

Chapter 19

Addy POV

After Ginny and I had our talk, I sat at the table with my family talking about what had transpired since I had vanished. I told them of how I had been captured and how i had rescued Allissia. They told me about what I had missed after they had quit having fits. Apparently, Harry, Ron, and Hermione had gone off on a secret mission. Nobody knew where or what they were doing.

"Also, Snape is headmaster at school. Deatheaters have taken over there. It's gotten dangerous." Fred and George said.

"We're pushing for Ginny to leave school completely but she's refusing." George said narrowing his eyes at her.

"It's MY choice! There needs to be someone on the inside in case something important happens."

"But you might risk the baby! We don't want our future niece or nephew to come out stupid like you." Fred said sagely.

Ginny rolled her eyes.

"It's not like I'm doing anything dangerous. The teachers who are against You-Know-Who insist i be careful and not strain myself. I barely do anything for myself there, it's infuriating! Everyone knows I'm pregnant even if they don't know who the father is." she insisted.

"Does Harry know about the baby?" I asked cautiously.

"No. I didn't have time and I didn't want to distract him." Ginny replied.

"That's a brilliant point." I said.

"Oh, don't encourage her ideas!" Groaned the twins.

I smiled absentley.

"Look, I'm going to bed. It's been a long day and Allissia's tired." I hugged everyone goodnight, aware of how much I had missed them.

Walking up the stairs, I turned into my room.

"You ready for bed?" I asked Allissia.

"Yes, I want Dra-Drah." She said.

"I know, me too." I said sadly.

As I tucked her in, I began to worry more and more about Draco.

What had I done?

***

The next morning I rose early. Stretching like a cat, I began considering my options.

1. I could find Draco and help him.

2. I could find Harry and help him.

3. I could stay and help Ginny and Alissia.

4. I could go back to Hogwarts.

My options weren't very different but I realized I didn't have all the facts I needed.

Where was Harry? What were he, Hermione, and Ron doing? What had happened the night Dumbledore died? Where was Draco? Was he safe? Where was i most needed? I didn't know where to start.

I walked down the stairs into the kitchen. Bill was sitting at the table reading the Daily Prophet. He sighed.

"Still filled with dragon dung telling people everything is fine?" I asked, sitting across from him.

"Yes. It's getting more and more dangerous for people who appose You-Know-Who. Not that it was exactly safe before."

"Bill?" I asked.

"Yes, Addy?" He answered.

"What can i do to help. Don't give me a fake answer. You know what's at stake here." I said calmly.

He sighed heavily.

"Look, Addy, we just got you back. We want you to stay and help with Ginny. She's going to be a target because everyone knows about her and Harry. I'm sorry, you of all people want to get out there and fight, but I need you to help with Ginny."

"But Bill! I HAVE to do SOMETHING! I can't just sit around and do nothing! I'll go crazy!"

"I know Addy! Believe me I do! But think about Mum and Dad! When you disappeared they were terrified! They thought you had been killed. Do you know what that was like for us? It was torture. Ginny stopped eating until we threatened to take her to St. Mungoes! All Mum did was cry and Dad even gave up tinkering with Muggle artifacts! We thought we lost you, so if sitting around makes you crazy, I'm sorry, but you're stuck!" He voice broke.

"I'm so sorry. I never meant to worry you guys. But I had to do something." I said weakly.

"Yes, Addy against the world. We all know it." He said flatly.

At that point I heard little feet on the stairs.

I put a smile on my face.

"Good morning sunshine!" I called to Allissia.

"Hi." She mumbled sleepily.

i went and scooped her up sitting her in my lap.

Bill gestured at her.

"Who's this?"

"Her named is Allissia. When I escaped I managed to get her out as well. You-Know-Who had a special fascination with her." I explained.

"Why? She's just a baby." Bill demanded.

"I don't know." i lied.

I didn't want Alissia to go from one prison to another.

"Well, lets keep a watch on her." Bill said.

At this time, Ginny came down the stairs, looking rather green.

"I hate being pregnant. Morning sickness is bloody awful." She moaned.

Bill was standing at the sink and said without turning around,

"You do the crime, you serve the time."

I snorted into my toast, while Ginny stuck her tongue out at him.

"So when is the little monster due?" I asked.

"In 7 months, roughly late February, early March." she said, absentmindedly putting her hand on her stomach.

"Any names yet?"

"I have a few in mind. Nothing for certain, because I can't run them by Harry and he should get a say in it."

I rolled my eyes. Classic Ginny.

"Addy?" Ginny asked slowly.

"Ginny?" I replied.

"If... If something were to happen to me and Harry... That is, if we weren't there, or able to... would you take the baby?" She asked quietly.

I froze.

"Ginny, nothing is going to happen to you guys. You're going to be fine." I promised.

She looked unconvinced so I took her hands.

"If anything were to happen, I would take your baby and raise them as my own. They'd even know what their real mom looked like." I promised.

She hugged me.

"Thank you." She whispered in my ear.

"Squish! Squish!" Alissia crowed from in between us.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to squish you!" I laughed hugging her.

"So what are your plans?" I asked Ginny.

"I'm going back to Hogwarts."

***

Draco POV

"Pardon me my Lord." I stuttered.

"You are to capture that insolent brat. As soon as possible. If you cannot complete it during the summer, then you must return to Hogwarts. Am I clear Draco? He hissed.

"Yes, my Lord." I said weakly.

This couldn't end well.