You are Special!

Others may not know who you are, they may not know that you exist but that does not mean you are NOT special. This message is for you, yes, YOU who are reading this right now.

You are not happy anymore even after doing things that made you happy before?

You lost the appetite and energy to even lift your spoon or fork?

You may be hurting right now, or feel as if you are not fit for this world. You feel as if the whole world turn its back on you. You feel as if you are alone but that is NOT true.

It is not your fault, like others, you are just a victim too.

But is there any way out?

That is also my question when I was once in your shoes. I unconsciously built a wall between me and the whole world. I cut every means of communication that I have. I did not speak to everyone, not even to my family.

I thought nobody even tried to understand me even just for once. Sometimes, they would asked,

'What is happening to you? Are you okay?'

But it still felt so empty. I knew it lacks something but I do not know what it is. I was just as clueless as you are right now.

Deny it or not, my friend, you are afraid but it does not mean that you are a LOSER. You are NOT. You are not ALONE.

Depression is not something to avoid or laugh at. It is a condition when you feel as if you are at the bottom end of your life. But my friend, suicide is not an option. Ending your life will not help you get out of the darkness. It will not pull you out of your problem. Please, my friend, do not listen to the lies of the enemy telling you to end it all. Being depressed does not make you a loser or small. Always remember that everyone may turn their back on you but not GOD.

Do you still remember Him? The man who died on the cross so that you can have an eternal life? The man who paid the price for the sins that you have done? The man who is guiding you and protecting you along the path you are walking at?

He was there... He is there... and He will always be there for you. Sometimes, you only need to take a deep breath and look above your head. You still have your God who does not get tired of waiting for you no matter how far you distance yourself to Him.

My friend, only God can fix your broken heart. Without Him, you cannot make it through. That is what I had realized when I was under the shadow of depression. I do not have the power to get out of that darkness on my own, it is only Jesus Christ who made it possible for me to see the LIGHT.

This is the right time my friend for you to realize that it will be hard for you to overcome life unless your heart is a temple of God. My friend, you may fall down several times but do not forget to stand up again because it is not a failure to fail, keep on trying even when no one is around for it will only be a failure when you stopped trying... when you stopped believing and when you let doubt and fear defeat you.

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

James 1:2-4
"2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

#archreyod #overcomingdepression
#depression