The All-in One and Only One: Chapter 1.1 - The Start

• Dedicated to Precious Brizuela

The All-in-One and Only One

Story 1.1

The START

-  Song Jae Lik’s POV –

Saturday midnight:

Sigh* So boring. Aren’t there any interesting things to do? It’s finally winter vacation but I don’t really have plans though. I wonder how mom and dad are doing there right now. They’ve been gone for almost 2 weeks and they’ll only return after 4 years. I can’t believe they’re making me go and live in a dorm until they return from their project on Hollywood. Tsch. They didn’t have to treat me like this even if I didn’t want to go with them.

*Flashback last 2 weeks ago: Monday evening*

“WHAT?! You’re telling me to go with you guys abroad on this Wednesday?! Don’t be ridiculous! Dad, I already told you that I want to study in this University!” I said without even taking a breath and tried to catch a few when my mother suddenly glared her eyes straight to mine that made me fret a little.

“I know sweetheart but-“ my dad replied having a troubled look. “Dad, you do not sweetheart me.” I said gritting my teeth and glaring my eyes towards my father’s. “I talked with your mom about your feelings to stay and study here, Precious. But I-“ I interfered “Ugh! That’s even worse than sweetheart!” I said on a troubled tone “What do you expect me to say? That I will just say yes and go with you and abandon the dream I’ve always had since I was a child when the time finally comes to make it true?! Are you telling me to abandon that opportunity I’ve been waiting for the entire 18 years of my life?! No! I won’t accept that! I won’t go with you abroad this Wednesday! Do we have to go and live in abroad anyway?! Why?! Can’t we just live here like always?!” I said to my parents when my mom suddenly stood up from her president seat then turned her back from us and looked at the view outside. It was the view of the sparkling city lights from the streets, cars, houses and buildings here in South Korea. We’re here right now at my mom’s fashion company ELUXEDE building which is the top fashion company here in South Korea.

“You are going to live with us in the States. Understand?” my mom said on a strict tone “Why?! I don’t want to!” I raised my voice at her trying to make her understand that I really don’t want to. “You will meet your fiancée there and start learning proper etiquette for your future.” she said in a cold-hearted tone. “You will also start learning how to manage this company and be known to the public and media in the near future.” she added.