Chapter 5

The rest of the week goes by very similar. Today is the day we know our rankings! I'm so excited. Tobias and I will be moving in together after the marriage, so I will be staying with my family for the next month!

I go to Ashton's room and knock lightly on the door, I walk in an shake him awake and then run to grab the bathroom first. I hear him curse under his breath when he reaches the door and I silently laugh! I get in the shower and take a quick shower, I wrap a towel around my hair and body and brush my teeth. I walk out and get to my room, freeing up the bathroom for Ashton. We've become good friends over the past week. I get dressed in my everyday robe and put my hair in the classic bun. I walk downstairs and see Tobias.

"Hey, I misses you!" He acknowledges

"I've missed you too." I reply and kiss him softly on his cheek.

"I get to the stove and start to make eggs for my family and unexpected guest. I feel big strong arms wrap around my waist, I feel comfortable, like I fit right into Tobias' body, I turn around to face him and he gives me a quick peck on the lips before taking over. He ends up making great looking eggs, so I go and tell everyone that breakfast is ready.

After breakfast, Tobias, Ashton and I leave to where we said we would meet.

"Initiates, congratulations!" Tobias exclaims.

"Follow me to get your apartments." He tells us and begins walking, so we all follow.

Everyone is given a key and I get two, one to my family's house for the next month, that I'll return at the end of the month and one key to Tobias' house that I can keep. I don't go to my parents house as everything is still there, so Tobias and I decide to walk around the compound in a comfortable silence. Once we get back, he shows us our rankings, I ranked first! I didn't expect that, because I'm not very selfless.

He explains that our rankings decide our jobs, we need to have 2 jobs, one must be full time, the other part time. I already know what jobs I'll pick. He then asks us to follow him to the ceremony.

There we listen to Marcus talk and talk and talk about Abnegation, I've already heard this millions of times! Afterwards people come to wash your feet. I notice my dad walk towards me and start to wash my feet. It's an honour to have your feet washed by someone so high in the government but especially someone your related to.

I stand up afterwards and walk home with my father. He doesn't seem to upset by Caleb's choice anymore and I'm glad that I could make that happen