Chapter 8- Impure Actions

This was not proof-read so kung may mga mali man, I am deeply sorry.

Enjoy!

___

Chapter 8- Impure Actions

Kathryn was furious as she walk around her secret place. 

She's in an attic that she discovered when she was fifteen. Nong una ay ginawa niya lang itong paglalagyan ng mga laruan niya o kung tatakas siya mula sa mga maid niya tuwing hinahanap siya ng kaniyang ina. 

She looked at the box as she contemplate on what to do.

Happy 9th birthday, Kathryn.

She was sure it was her. But why ninth? She's turning 24 months from now kaya nagtataka siya sa natanggap na regalo.

She cross her arms as she stare at the box. It was a doll, it was not the creepy one but a endearing and cute one. The usual doll you give to your niece or daughter when they ask for a doll.

Napahilamos siya ng mukha at napabuntong hininga. 

She stared at the numerous of articles plastered on her wall. Halos mapuno na ito. On the other side are also articles with pictures in it and  informations. May mga nakalagay na pulang yarn don leading to a huge question mark at the center.

She remembered her first mission.

It was one fine morning and her father was reading an article while her mother was blabbering about her upcoming debut. 

Napatitig siya sa isang malaking litrato sa harap at binasa din ang headline, THE CRADLE SNATCHER SNATCH AGAIN

She was irritated on how insensitive the journalist was. Nabasa niya iyon and read it. The culprit killed a total of 15 children for the past months already. They were trying to catch him for months at hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin nila nahuhuli ito. 

Then that morning a new article arrived and she saw that the culprit killed another child and was found dead in an alley not far from her school. 

"... so I was thinking that your third gown should be fitted and champagne colored so that you can snatch boys that night!" Maligayang sabi ng kaniyang ina.

Wala pa rin itong tigil sa pagdaldal para sa kaniyang nalalapit na debut at halos gusto na niyang takpan ang tenga niya dahil sa irita na naramdaman.

She doesn't want a party for her birthday. She'd rather get the money being spend in it pero ayaw ng ina niya.

Her mother babbled non-stop as her mind wander to the culprit being plastered in front page for months now. 

That afternoon her mother sent her to Madam Helga for her gown fitting. It took hours for them to finish at kating kati nang umalis ni Kathryn. That's why when Madam Helga let her go she sprint outside the door with her bodyguards behind her.

It was a good thing that Kelly did not went with her dahil mahihirapan na siyang makaalis. 

She started walking and notice that the bodyguards were following. She walked pass by a man selling the paper of the day. Napatingin siya sa diyaryo na hawak din ng ama niya kaninang umaga.

The front page caught her attention. Near my school huh?

Kathryn was doing her own research. She googled every single article of the culprit. Some witnessed the said doing but some weren't lucky enough to put a justice to their children.

Kathryn sigh and continued walking. Alam niyang nakasunod lang din ang sasakyan na para sakaniya. She does not want to go home yet at nakasunod lang din naman ang mga body guards niya hanggang sa makapagdesisyon siyang umuwi.