ChRiStMaS mUsIc ; e.h

It was December 1st; meaning that it was officially Christmas season.

You decided that today would be the start of a tradition with your boyfriend Edwin; this tradition would be to decorate your whole apartment with Christmas decor.

You knew by setting up your studio apartment into a mini Christmas themed palace you would be filled with Christmas magic to at least the middle of January. 

Christmas was by far your favourite time of year because it gives you an excuse to eat, drink hot chocolate and wear ugly sweaters at the same time.

This year was the first Christmas you would spend in L.A and the first with your boyfriend so you wanted to make it super special.

Earlier in the afternoon Edwin and yourself took a trip to the local target to pick up all the new decorations. Since it was your first Christmas over in Cali you had to start fresh, you purchased a plastic tree, ornaments, lights, tinsel, and lots of house decor.

You were sitting on the sofa while you struggled to untangle the coloured lights that contained many knots, they almost seemed impossible to untie. Edwin was wrapping the tree with the golden tinsel and was basically done with it.

Throughout the apartment classic Christmas tunes blare from the speaker sitting in the corner of the room. The two of you sing out 'silent night' and 'jingle bells'. Sometimes you would stop whatever you were doing and just listen to Edwin sing.

You were now realising what a blessing it was to have a boyfriend who will just sing to you.

You were now becoming more and more frustrated at the lights that just would not untangle. you cursed under your breath in anger just as your favourite Christmas song starts up.

While you were in a small rage sitting on the couch Edwin dropped the tinsel to the wooden floor and walked over to you.

He started to sing along with Mariah Carey as she sung the middle of the first verse. As he waltzed along the floorboards towards you his singing got louder and louder with every step.

When he was standing in front of you he outstretched both of his hands for you to place your own into. He has a large grin on his face in contrast to your own pout. He lifts you up from your seated position.

Edwin still sings the happy tune of 'all I want for Christmas is you' in your ear as his right-hand releases your and migrates to the small of your back and the other squeezes your hand.

It is only now that you catch on and drape your free arm over Edwin's shoulder. Edwin's angelic voice continues to sing your favourite song as you both sway to the sound of his voice.

Even though the song is not one of the first to pop into your head when talking about slow dancing it worked for the both of you. Your bare feet glide across the freshly cleaned floorboards, Edwin and yourself giggle to the silliness of your actions and your lack of good dance skills.

The small problem that consumed your mind in frustration a few minutes ago has now faded away as you created a brand new memory of joy with Edwin.

What a way to start a new tradition.

+++

Hi, Hello, What's up,

I just want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas (If you don't celebrate happy holidays!).

Seeing as it's Christmas eve I'm cranking out the Christmas playlist and annoying my family to death. I may put out a few Christmas imagines after Christmas because I still have some ideas that I just thought about.

I'm also going to wake up in 4 hours to watch a Manchester United game so I think we all know I'm going to be dead.

I had to re-write this about 3 times so I hope you enjoy !!

Much love

Emilia xx