3 - A DANCE

Eyes. Oh his eyes. Out of the many details and wonders of the large room compact with beautiful people, how did a pair eyes keep my attention gripped.

My mate was nothing like everyone else, he didn't move according to them, no, they were the ones moving around him. Like moths to a forest fire, they didn't stand a chance of survival yet were still enthralled into his aura.

Oh the moon goddess is wicked, she's laughing at me. I've never spoken to a man, expect when it's work related, and have basically zero experience, yet she's fated me with that beast!? omg what will I do!!

I could feel the omegas next to me getting tired of being a statue, but I'm glad I was here, otherwise I would have not seen him. How the stars and moon have tricked me. He is so close, that siren to my being, yet so far. Does he feel it too? Is that why his eyes are seeking mine?

He was here on pack business to remark the peace while shifting through each packs requests, all seriousness, no expression...except to me, he knows I'm his mate, shown in the spark of a glance and hidden smirk ghosted on his lips, thrown in my direction every moment he could.
I would know, I never looked elsewhere; his presence compelled me in, forcing every nerve cell to exist at his attention. He slowly made his way around the room, as if a predator among prey, as he was greeted by all higher ranked pack members, driven by both fear and respect.

Then for the first time since he overwhelmed my senses and judgement, I realised just who I was mated to. Who the moon goddess fated me to, a man who would never have me.

A Luna was no title for a mere maid omega. Was I crazy, he's barely paid me attention, not even nearing my way.
I looked to the floor in utter agony, he would reject me, I could tell.

I can barely stand the sight of the chandeliers that once gave me joy in their beauty, the ballroom I had spent hours decorating, now stabs me. I have given myself false hopes all these years, and for what, to be royally rejected by the head dude or whatever he even is!? Yeah thanks fate! oh what's the use...I'll just work myself to death instead.

The sigh that broke through my lips was almost silent to the ears. But I felt the piercing stare of the dark god biting me as he was talking with the Sun Pack Alpha. I could no longer stand the smell of someone I know is far out of my reach. But even that was a lie, his sent will always draw me in, yet I doubt I entice him at all, I must seem like the most disappointing turn of events for him!

He's reached for my gaze more than any other in the room tonight...yet he has also pushed me away, not stepping near my station.

I sneaked past the other omegas standing side by side along the walls at the very back, in the shadows. Tears burning my eyes. Oh his eyes, they would haunt me.
No one had a clue what was going on between us, I was invisible.

The further I got way the stronger the pull had on me, digging into my very core to turn back. Oh how I would love to have had just one dance...with him. He had not danced at all but I might have persuaded hi-
oh there I go again. Hoping.

I reached the back door, a small exit to the back rooms that only the help know and grip the wall, do not break down now Aurora! You have to leave before you make an even bigger fool of yourself!
The passageways suddenly seem foreign, the internal map I knew more that most was now fogged as I ran to my room. I just need sleep. I just need to be alone. While he can be happier without the burden of me.