Fears part III

Harley was awakened by the stark white light that pierced her eyes. She couldn't move. She was strapped tight onto a hospital bed.

She looked to her left and found Nightwing unconscious and also strapped onto a hospital bed. At the edge of their beds, she saw a man working on a serum. He had no shirt, save for a poncho, and his back was riddled with scars and stitches. His short pants, hooded poncho, gloves and boots were made of ragged brown straw. In his hand were injections containing the same yellow serum he was working on. On his face, there was a gas mask attached to a dirty gold straw mask. A mask of a Scarecrow.

"Crane." Harley said.

"Oh, you're awake. Now get back to your nightmare." He said as he carressed the cold needles at his fingertips over Harley's cleavage.

"No!! No!!!!" Harley struggled to move.

"Hush now, my darling. Everything will be alright." Crane said before injecting her.

"Dick!! Dick, wake up!! Wake up!!! WAKE UP!!!" She screamed at Dick.

"Huh!?" Dick woke to the same surprise Harley did as she herself woke up minutes before.

"You!! Crane!! Let me go!!" He screamed as Harley fell asleep.

"Your turn, boy wonder." He said as he injected him as well.

A few minutes after they both fell asleep, a yellow ring broke the window of Crane's laboratory, orbiting his fist.

"Go away, Sinestro. The answer is no." Crane said.

"I come for your victims, Crane." Sinestro replied.

"They aren't for you, Sinestro." He scoffed.

"Exactly. They're for you. Once you accept the ring, you'll see the limitless opportunities." Sinestro signed off as he left for space.

A few minutes passed and Crane started to murmur.

"Limitless opportunities."

He finally opened up his left palm, which wasn't holding the serum.

"Jonathan Crane of Earth, sector 2814. You have the ability to instill great fear." The ring said.

"Yeeess." Crane replied as he used his ring to wrap his two patients in yellow auras. He left for Sinestro as he brought the two of them with him. Before leaving, he left a note written in Yellow on the walls.