Chapter 5

Wolfclaw led the way in the camp as he set Orangekit's body down. Gasp came from the clearing as all the cats including Mudstar padded over to Wolfclaw and the warriors. "He died in honor and now is in the paws of StarClan." Sighed WolfClaw as he dipped his head. Mudstar flinched as he raised one paw. "How did this happen Wolfclaw?" Panted MudStar. "Lionstrike, a cat of BloodClan killed him we found him in a pool of blood with Lionstrike's scent." Said Wolfclaw sharply. "BloodClan cats in our territory!" Hissed Mudstar. Yowls came from the cats as Leafwind padded up to Orangekit. "Orangekit!" Cried Leafwind as tears despaired from her eyes. Meows of sadness came from the cats as they gathered around Orangekit's body followed by Stripekit. Little cries came from Stripekit as she licked her dead brother's body. Leafwind licked Stripekit's ear as Mudstar stared at his paws in shame. "Why have you taken such a young cat from us StarClan?" Sighed Mudstar.

Flatpaw sat a few paces back from all the cats with a guilty look. StarClan has abandoned us. Flatpaw thought as he stared into the bright sky. Flatpaw's pelt blew in the furious wind as the thought of the gathering flowed in Flatpaw's mind as he thought the cats probably would have forgotten now for what has been going on as he nearly forgot. "StarClan help us." One cat cried from the clearing.

"Its almost time for the gathering." Blurted Flatpaw. All the cats glanced back at him as the thought of the gathering flew back in their mind as they all stood up waiting for an order from Mudstar. Mudstar glanced up from Orangekit's body with a frustrated snarl. "Let's go to the gathering." Sighed Mudstar as he led the way out of the camp.

Mudstar spotted WindClan ahead of them as ThunderClan followed behind them. Some of the WindClan cats twitched their behind then letting out a meow if delight with narrowed eyes.

A few heartbeats later the clans arrived at the gathering as Flatpaw stared around in wonder as he saw Wolfclaw grooming with his old friend Bluestone he'd met as an apprentice that used to be a ThunderClan cat but joined WindClan after she became a warrior.
Mudstar joined the clan leaders on the gathering rock as they all peered down at the warriors. Mudstar whisked his tail side to side as they waited for ShadowClan's arrival.

Flatpaw and Redpaw's friend Sharppaw from RiverClan padded over to them. "Hi Flatpaw. Hi Redpaw!" Meowed Sharppaw. "Hey Sharppaw!" Purred Flatpaw. "Greetings." Replied Redpaw as she dipped her head. "We are becoming warriors by within the next moon." Meowed Redpaw. "Wow that's great I still got about another two moons." Said Sharppaw as he licked her ear. "We got a mouse brain lot of stuff going on on our clan right now"! Rasped Flatpaw. Sharppaw tilted his head with curiosity. "Really like what"? Panted Sharppaw. Flatpaw thumped him gently with his paw. "What do you think this gathering is for? Mudstar will most likely tell us you mouse dung"! Laughed Flatpaw.

Sharppaw's ears twitched down as he stared at his paw. "RiverClan just lost our deputy. Mountainclaw. He sighed. Flatpaw licked his ear. "I'm sorry Sharppaw". Meowed Flatpaw as Sharppaw nodded. The ShadowClan warriors padded up to the other cats as Scarstar, leader of ShadowClan joined the other leaders.

"Welcome clan warriors." Began Foxstar. "Mudstar would you like to start?" Mudstar nodded as he stood up staring down at the cats. "Thunderclan has just lost a kit. Began Mudstar. Orangekit we found lying outside our camp dead with the scent of Lionstrike on him, the BloodClan cat murdered one of our last kits as one of our apprentices Flatpaw had a vision, StarClan sent us a warning that all the clans are under attack by BloodClan. Bloodstar is planning an attack against the clans. We have convinced Featherstar to help us in battle as they are most likely to be involved in the battle. StarClan will most likely send us another message before the attack. The reason is unknown why they want battle. But they are bloodthirsty cats is all we know." Finished Mudstar as yowls of shock came from all the cats. "Any other cats are welcome to help battle." Added Featherstar. The cats were to busy chatting as they ignored Featherstar's offer.

"I guess I'll speak next." Meowed Foxstar. Foxstar stepped forward as she spoke. "RiverClan has just lost our future leader of RiverClan our deputy, Mountainclaw, he was found dead outside our camp as well with the scent of Bloodstar and Wolfblood. BloodClan's scent was caught." Continued Foxstar. More yowls and meows of shock came from the cats. "Bloodclan is entering clan territories murdering our cats! And that means ShadowClan is still under attack from losing an a cat!" Blurted Featherstar. "We will have extra cats guard our camp for sure then!" Scarstar rasped.
"Only some of the strongest warriors have been killed by BloodClan so far. They are trying to leave the clans with the weakest cats so it'd be easier to lose battle"! Hissed Mudstar. "No cats are guarding our camp right now"! Growled Scarstar. "Ours either"! Echoed the other clan leaders. "Then we must end this gathering"! Rasped Mudstar. All the cats agreed as all the cats raced out of the gathering sight rushing back to their camps to check for any clues or destruction from BloodClan.