Chapter 2

Flatpaw padded through the darkness as he ran hearing angry and fearful yowls from unknown cats. They sounded as if they were in battle. Blood was all over the ground as cats swooped past him as fast as the wind meowing in anger and with loud hisses that sounded horrifying. Flatpaw glanced around seeing more angry cats swoop past him and a cat flew in the air landing right on front of him. With confusion and fear Flatpaw flinched as he sniffed the cat. It was dead. But the cats scent and fur looked familiar. It was MudStar! Flatpaw let out a yowl of fear as he echoed the forest.

Flatpaw leaped up as he noticed it was all a dream or was it? He thought about what he had saw in the dream. It looked as if danger were coming. This was no dream it was a vision. Fear went through Flatpaw as he knew the clan must be in danger. StarClan had sent a message to warn the clan of a threat. It seemed as if they were going to be attacked by another clan. But when? "I must speak to MudStar about this!" Panted Flatpaw as he padded towards MudStar's den as he saw MudStar lift his head up from resting on his paw. "Yes Flatpaw?" Asked MudStar calmly.

Flatpaw sat down in front of MudStar as he explained the entire vision to his leader as MudStar let out a gasp. "That's BloodClan that's coming after us! They are preparing battle against us and destroy our camp! We must tell all the other cats! Go and gather some of the clan as I call for a clan meeting!" Ordered MudStar as Flatpaw dipped his head with a bow at his father and rushed to go tell Redpaw first.

"Let all cats old enough to catch prey gather here for a clan meeting!" Announced MudStar as the cats padded over towards MudStar. Flatpaw and Redpaw joined them. All the cats let out yawn as early dusk was rising.

MudStar told all the cats about Flatpaw's vision as cats began to chatter around. Many of the cat's gaze were caught on Flatpaw. Wolfclaw padded up to him with a shocking expression. "Are you sure you saw that young Flatpaw?" Wolfclaw rasped. Flatpaw nodded as all the cats meowed about Flatpaw's vision.

"We must go training before BloodClan attacks if they attack tonight." Wolfclaw panted. Flatpaw nodded as he stared over at MudStar as he could see him ordering two cats to guard the camp. Redpaw padded up to her brother as they followed Wolfclaw joined by Blackscar who was Redpaw's mentor. The two apprentices padded out of the den as they first began to train their fighting moves further on away from camp.

"You must be strong for battle!" Hissed Blackscar as he ordered Redpaw to attack him. Flatpaw narrowed at his sister in amazement of her attack. Flatpaw glanced back at Wolfclaw as he began to attack him as well followed by Blackscar dodging many of the attacks. Flatpaw whipped around under Wolfclaw swiping his claws down his belly. Wolfclaw yowled of pretend pain as he proudly meowed at the young apprentice.
After more attacking the apprentices we're out of breath as they followed their mentors back to camp. "Well done today." Meowed Blackscar at the two apprentices. The camp was clear as Mudstar was in the clearing guarding the inside of the camp.

BloodClan was against ThunderClan for some reason. Was StarClan sending BloodClan for a punishment for ThunderClan? Flatpaw thought.