You're Cute pt.2

Millie's POV

This morning I didn't feel like driving, so I called Sadie and told her to pick me up. I was so tired this morning. I stayed up so late last night just worrying about things for no reason. "You ok Mills?" Sadie asked very concerned. I nodded signaling her that I didn't really wanna talk.

We drove in a comfortable silence to the school. Listening to music in the car made me feel a little better. I walked in to the school building not feeling as shitty as I did this morning. I was headed to my locker and I saw Noah Schnapp. Noah is friends with Finn and his group, but he has always been my close friend and has not changed much since we were younger, which I am very thankful for.

I wanted to talk to him but he was engaged in a conversation with Finn and Jaeden. I thought he didn't see me but he did and gave me a big hug. "Hey Millster! What's going on?" Noah was on vacation over the summer and missed the first few days of school so this was my first time seeing him since the beginning of summer. "Noah!" I kind of shouted basically jumping into his arms. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Finn looking at me. I have to admit, I was excited Noah noticed me because it would draw Finn's attention.

"How was your vacation?" I asked. "It was great." He said with a big smile on his face. "Well, I have to get to class. See you at lunch yeah?" I said. He nodded and I walked  down the hall with Sadie. "Millie, Finn was totally staring at you!" Sadie exclaimed. Sadie often exaggerated things and I wouldn't normally believe her, but this time I did. I was freaking out on the inside.

'Ok calm down Millie, don't let Sadie know that you like him.' I told myself.

"So what, he means nothing to me Sadie." I said acting like I didn't care. I knew she wouldn't believe me but it was worth a try. "Whatever, I know you like him." She said.

--

Lunch came around and I saw Sophia and Wyatt walk in together. She looked back at me and I glared at her and she shrugged her shoulders. I'm not going to get mad at her because once she gets hurt, that is her own fault.

My close friend Grace stopped at my lunch table and told me she was going to sit with her boyfriend Gaten. Gaten also hangs out with the boys. Him and Grace started dating last year and in my opinion, they are a really cute couple. They rarely argue and are one of those couples where you can tell they are in love. Finn, Wyatt and Caleb tease him about being whipped all the time.

I looked over at Finn's table and I noticed that he was on his phone.

I was starting to over think again. He is probably texting Iris, or maybe he is just scrolling through Instagram.

I didn't realize I was staring at him until he looked back up at me. I quickly looked away. He probably thinks I'm a freak or a stalker.

All my friends at my table were engaged in their own conversations, so I just went on to snapchat watching random people's stories from my school. I searched Finn's name on snapchat to see if he had anything on his story. He didn't. Oh well.

The rest of the day carried on very slowly. After my last class I went to my locker to grab my things to go home. Then I heard someone walk up to me.

I turned my head to see him. Finn. Finn Wolfhard standing at my locker.

"Millie, is it?" He asked looking straight at me.

"Yes, that's me. Finn right?" I said a calmly as I could. He nodded.

"Don't we have homeroom together?" He asked. I barely heard his question. I was too busy staring at his beautifully sculpted face. His jawline was sharp and his cheekbones were so defined. Freckles dotted his face. He truly was a beautiful sight.

I noticed what I was doing and blushed, tucking hair behind my ear.

"I believe so." I said. My face was red and my hands were trembling so bad that the binder I held in my hands dropped to the floor along with all of my papers.

I mentally cursed myself for being so socially awkward around him.

He bent down at the same time as I did and helped me pick up my papers. We came up at the same time and made eye contact.

A smirk made its way onto his face.

"You're cute." He said smiling and letting out a small chuckle.

I stood there, shocked he said that. I was speechless.

"Would you like to go out this Friday Millie?" He asked me as he handed my papers back to me.

"Yes of course." I said maybe a little too excited.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 8." He said as he licked his lips.

"You're very pretty by the way." He said. He winked and walked off down the hallway. I stood there with so many emotions going through my body. Did that really just happen?

I have to tell Sadie. Should I? I got my phone out and texted her.

Where are you?

In my car waiting for you

I walked out the school with the biggest smile on my face. I hopped in the car and she noticed the smile on my face. "Why are you so happy?" She asked. "What, I can't be happy?" I asked giggling.

"Im serious Millie." She said smiling with me. "Finn." I said so she could barely hear me. "WHAT OH MY GOSH!" She screamed in my ears making me cringe. "I KNEW YOU LIKED HIM." She screamed once again.

She reached over and hugged me. "Millie what happened tell me!"

"He asked me out on a date!" I confessed.

Sadie squealed so loud. "Oh my gosh! Mills that's amazing!" One thing I love about Sadie is that she is supportive no matter what and turns little achievements in to something so much more.

She started the car and headed towards my house.

This Friday couldn't come any slower.

-
This has been in my drafts for a while