Chapter 19: Date in the Aquarium

Konoe woke up early Sunday morning and took a long time to get dressed. She became unpleased with her looks as she tried on clothes and started regretting having accepted Fujigaya’s invitation. After a long time of trying on outfits, she decided to wear a pink mini skirt and a peach-colored blouse.

She then left her house and walked towards their meeting point. Konoe saw Fujigaya Sensei in the distance, looking at his wristwatch. ‘Crap I’m late.’ She thought. She then started running towards him and he looked up at her, amazed at the way she looked.

“Sensei, I’m so sorry.” She panted, “Did you wait long?”

“No, I just arrived as well.” he smiled.

They then entered the crowded aquarium, there were so many people, it was easy to get lost.

Konoe was so excited she forgot she was there with the man she loves and was constantly calling him and grabbing onto his shirt to point at the beautiful fish.

Konoe called Fujigaya to point at something, but then she realized he wasn’t near her. She looked around and searched the area but wasn’t able to find Sensei. She somehow felt uneasy. She was then startled as someone grabbed onto her hand. Konoe turned around and saw it was Fujigaya Sensei.

“Let’s walk like this so that we don’t lose each other.” he said. Konoe blushed as they held hands walking through the aquarium.

As they walked and enjoyed the view of their surroundings, many little kids passed by them, running. A little boy ran against Konoe, causing her to fall onto Fujigaya’s chest, but he was able to grab onto her so that she wouldn’t fall.

They stood hugging beneath the blue lights of the aquarium, Konoe’s eyes widened and then she became beet red. She became flustered and pushed them apart.

Sensei was surprised at her reaction “Ah, sorry!” He thought that due to her reaction, there's no way that she could possibly like him.

After going through the whole aquarium, they both went outside.

“Ah, can you wait a bit here please?” He suddenly said, pretending he had to go to the bathroom, when he actually went to the gift shop.

When he came back, he smiled at the view of Konoe sitting on a bench beneath the sun’s rays. After admiring the dazzling view of his student, he walked towards her and handed her a silver dolphin necklace.

Konoe first looked surprised and happy to receive this from Sensei, but then she was worried for not getting anything for him. “Sensei, sorry for not buying something for you too.”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to.” He smiled.

“But you bought me this. I want to give you something in return.”

“Well…” he grinned “There is something you could give me in return.” Suddenly, Sensei’s arms were wrapped around Konoe. At first she felt surprised, but then, taking it as a friendly act, she hugged him back.

When they let go of each other, Fujigaya’s face was still close to Konoe’s, she smiled at him “I’m not used to seeing Sensei at this height.” Konoe said to the tall and slender man.

She then gently kissed his cheek, “Bye bye, Sensei!” she said cheerfully and left. Realizing what she had just done, Konoe started running towards her house.

Fujigaya stood in the same place, paralyzed in surprise, watching as Konoe left. He then touched his cheek and blushed.